Hi guys 

hope your all ok , especially with this virus thing causing  havoc .

sad news , I have sold Ruby , my 53 special convertible and most Beutiful car I have ever had .

came to the decision because although I keep her covered and in my car port 

I noticed very slight pitting on some of the chrome , so thought best not let sit all winter so thankfully gone to a great guy and car collector in Belgium.  Was an emotional farewell loved that car , but turned out to be right decision as due this virus problem , they won’t let me back into Cyprus  , maybe months .

in the meantime started restoration project, but unfortunately  although car from America ,it’s an British MGA ! Apologies

BC07091C-B81E-471C-A775-E7A7173871BB.jpegJ

Edited by Pilgrim65
Missing word (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I know that angst Pilgrim.

I'm faced soon with coming to the realisation I have too many cars and reality wise, not enough time.

Keep the good times and pictures fresh in your mind and enjoy your next new adventures with your project. I enjoyed your posts greatly!

• Like 4

Hello I also have a 71 MGB I am in a similar situation with my 49 Buick convertible but with over 40,000. $ in it hard to find a new owner. I have put more miles on the MGB than any other collectible car I have owned,parts are easily available but don’t expect the velvet ride of a Buick 😇Gary  

A0363311-7121-434F-B7F4-E6BBF6707A32.jpeg

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, gdmn852 said:

Hello I also have a 71 MGB I am in a similar situation with my 49 Buick convertible but with over 40,000. $ in it hard to find a new owner. I have put more miles on the MGB than any other collectible car I have owned,parts are easily available but don’t expect the velvet ride of a Buick 😇Gary  

A0363311-7121-434F-B7F4-E6BBF6707A32.jpeg

Nice mgb , I have mgbgt , sitting under cover waiting restoration, but latest estimates for work needed $22000 so not viable and will probably not happen as good restored ones only fetching 15 -18k , roadsters are only 5k more . My Mga project is only slightly more viable as well restored can now fetch 35k , but intend keeping for a few years at least so not important.

49 convertible,  one of my favourites, looked at some before I bought Ruby , but were beyond budget mostly asking 60/70k , I bought Ruby for 32k , which was a bargain considering the level of restoration and the thousands the previous owner spent on her . but even so when I add in my shipping , further parts replacement , taxes etc , I still lost heavily , but was a great car , cruising along our coast roads was a dream fulfilled and the loss was worth the memories.

pilgrim 

Edited by Pilgrim65 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Thank you for the complement on the MG ,they are more of a drivers car than collectable .You are right on the price on MGB s only worth about $20,000 fully restored .I saw. MGA go at a auction for $5,000 but it was a complete original needing full restoration. I think most of the people in the British Club I am in have more in the cars than they are worth,but enjoy driving them ,like the hobby used to be. I sold my 912 Porsche to buy the 49 probably a bad decision on my part have over $40,000 in the 49  

but not that many people have that much to spend on a toy and most people want at rat rod rather than a restoration .The Lucas electrical systems work good if you keep contacts clean and use bulb grease on them ,as good as any 40 plus year old car.Good luck on your MG .Gary 

• Like 1