AAA & SCCA 1944-1960 racing pictures wanted

• 2 weeks later...

The Stanley twins built all out speed record cars plus cars for hill climb events such as the 1908 Model K Semi-Racers which competed successfully at events such as Giants Despair. There is a considerable amount of material available, especially at the Auburn Heights Museum in Yorklyn, DE.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hello !  I own XKC034 'Ctype' Jaguar which was raced in various venues in Florida, Chicago, Georgia, and possibly others.. I am looking for ANYTHING relating to this car and its history.. Posters, dash plaques , trophies, programs, photographs, OR?  .. Any assistance would be greatly valued please !!!  Some of the owners were Bill Zorn ( Chicago ), Lorin McMullen ( Texas ), Jack Sheppard ( Florida ),  all between 1953 and 1963. It participated in the 1953 Sebring,  1953 MacDill, 1953 Savannah, Eagle Mountain, Wilmot, Lawrenceville, Meadowdale, and possibly others..  Please respond.. Thank you

3 minutes ago, artrageus said:

Hello !  I own XKC034 'Ctype' Jaguar which was raced in various venues in Florida, Chicago, Georgia, and possibly others.. I am looking for ANYTHING relating to this car and its history.. Posters, dash plaques , trophies, programs, photographs, OR?  .. Any assistance would be greatly valued please !!!  Some of the owners were Bill Zorn ( Chicago ), Lorin McMullen ( Texas ), Jack Sheppard ( Florida ),  all between 1953 and 1963. It participated in the 1953 Sebring,  1953 MacDill, 1953 Savannah, Eagle Mountain, Wilmot, Lawrenceville, Meadowdale, and possibly others..  Please respond.. Thank you

You have a long road a head of you.

I do have a picture of Kansas Flash>>  Madsen Gregory, Ben Harris, Kimberly and Tony Paravono at the Golden gate race,winners circle >> picture era 52-53 I think.

Not sure of what C type he was driving.

Sebring, try and get a hold of Mike Arnolt, his father owned one of the Towers their.

Ben Harris hosted, sanctioned and Officiated the SCCA race in Lawrencville.

I have 32 years of research on the SCCA , Ben was a key Figure in building it to a National level.

Have some Kodak movie film from 52-54, may have some C types in it.

I know Sir Malcolm Campbell's special order Lemans Bugatti is in it, and the Maserati that won indy.

Your journey is starting, do you own the car?

John