Sign in to follow this  
Taylormade

Window Rollers

I'm putting in my windows and discovered I'm missing a few small parts.  This is for my 1932 Dodge Brothers DL sedan, but I assume these were used on many other cars.  They are the little rollers that prevent the window glass from rattling.  I have one and need three more.  They were apparently only used on the front window glass, one outside, one inside just below the window opening.  I also assume they had a rubber roller over the steel shaft - mine is long gone.  If anyone has any extras or knows of a source, let me know.

Here is what they look like.

Roller.thumb.jpg.1c17ae5d3eb57bd1df6f294b79af0222.jpg

Thanks.

Just to inform, I don't believe they are on the 1931s. At least, I have never seen any.

Gee, what a shock. Pretty much nothing fits from 31 or 33.  Some mechanical stuff, but little things like this are always a no go.  Is that 32 you found some parts foe me still around?

3 hours ago, Taylormade said:

Gee, what a shock. Pretty much nothing fits from 31 or 33.  Some mechanical stuff, but little things like this are always a no go.  Is that 32 you found some parts foe me still around?

All that was there was the cowl I believe.

Ah, well, hopes dashed again.  Time to go to the old standby - innovation.  Let’s see if I can come up with some way to make three of these things.

I did a restoration on a 1935 CW Airflow.

It used the same rollers but made with a stamped roller mount base.

Maybe the smaller more common Airflows used the same...possible source.

I would think with a little patience something similar could be fabricated without too much work. I know it wouldn't be original but could be used until originals were found.