Chesapeake And Sugarloaf Mountain Region Parts Meets Cancelled

greenie

1 hour ago, greenie said:

From the Region’s website and Facebook page. Event cancelled for March 14.

Yeah, unfortunately the MD Governor issued a ban on all events of 250 people or more. I look forward to that meet all winter. I assume this will also apply to the Sugarloaf Region swap meet at the Carroll County Ag Center on Mar 27-28.

9 minutes ago, md murray said:

I guess Pennsylvania has banned events of 1000 or more people. Thank god October is 7 months away.

Unless I'm missing something, only the city of Philly has banned events of 1000 or more. The statewide direction is "The Wolf Administration strongly encourages the suspension of large gatherings, events, conferences of 250 individuals or more."

3 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

Unless I'm missing something, only the city of Philly has banned events of 1000 or more. The statewide direction is "The Wolf Administration strongly encourages the suspension of large gatherings, events, conferences of 250 individuals or more."

My apologies, you are correct. I'm up in New York where our ban is state-wide for anything over 500. Buildings and events are closing all over here and pretty quickly too. Like a typical silly New Yorker I'm quick to forget that the rest of the country operates and functions perfectly fine at their own pace!;) 

Considering car events:  There's a big difference

between people wandering around a huge field,

a few clustering at a time at a car or vendor's table;

and thousands of people shoulder-to-shoulder at a

theater or sporting event.

I hope the current panic won't nullify the hours and

hours that AACA regions have put into organizing

enjoyable activities!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Considering car events:  There's a big difference

between people wandering around a huge field,

a few clustering at a time at a car or vendor's table;

and thousands of people shoulder-to-shoulder at a

theater or sporting event.

Spot On! Unfortunately, politicians and the lawyers they listen to can't make that distinction or even do a competent risk analysis. Let's be honest, these moves are more about the appearance of doing something and limiting liability.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, greenie said:

And now the Sugarloaf Region Parts Meet at the Carroll County Ag Center in Westminster has also been cancelled.

Knew that was going to happen. The MD state ban extends though the end of March.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mark McAlpine

This is sad news---both swap meets are great events--but understandable considering the current situation.  Let's hope we beat the coronavirus into submission soon so we can get back to normal.

Be safe and stay healthy everyone!