Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

I recall when this Isotta Fraschini roadster  was in Port Washington, NY (Manorhaven section) on long island and owned by a really nice old guy named Joe Gaeta,  who worked for Isotta Fraschini in NY City when the car was made and then bodied by Fleetwood. It was ordered by Rudolph Valentino and Valentino died before being able to take delivery, so then Gaeta bought the car and paid it off to the IF agent in New York that he worked for in the service dept. . I used to sit and chat with Joe in the car at the Cow Bay Fair antiques show held back in the 1960s in Port Washington that I would attend with my folks. Gaeta thought it great that some kid in his teens even knew what and Isotta Fraschini was! ( yes I have been around a long time and don't forget the "important stuff" but don't remember what pills I am supposed to take everyday to stay alive) He had rubber R-R Phantom I or Silver Ghost clutch and brake pedal pads on the IF because no one made repro pedal pads that had the letters IF on them , and he wore out the original ones fitted to the car.

Edited by Walt G
added text (see edit history)
  • Like 2

George K Arthur

circa 1925: George K Arthur, the stage name of G K A Brest ( 1899 - 1985 ) the diminutive but plucky British hero of the silent screen who later went to Hollywood and then became a financier and distributor of art shorts. Pictured sitting on the side of his sports car with his alsatian dog in the back, he is currently filming 'The Exquisite Sinner' for Metro_Goldwyn-Mayer. (Photo by Margaret Chute/Getty Images)

Car Screen Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos & Images - Getty Images

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This thread continues to be over the top........every photo should be in a reference file and preserved. It’s like no other posting I have seen anywhere. 👍👍👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1