Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 4/30/2023 at 11:06 AM, nzcarnerd said:

The car closest is a 1927 Model EU Standard Six. The Duplex Roadster was a standard Studebaker factory offering. Further back is a Model EP Big Six seven passenger sedan on the 127" wheelbase which came standard on big section tyres - 34 x 7.30. 

The Studebaker Stand was at the XIXth Brussels Salon de l'Automobile, held December 5-16, 1925, reported in the January 1926 Stadium magazine, a small Spanish sports publication. That would make the Duplex Roadster a '26 Model ER - sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the additional info.

9 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Requires a better look.  Appears as if Bohmann & Schwartz got their hands on it by the skirted fenders...

Duesenberg J Brunn Torpedo Phaeton - 1,000 dollars a minute, '35 movie.jpg

Steve,  those are the factory fenders for the 17" wheels.  And yes, it does look like B&S might have had a hand in the design.

They built 2 or 3 of this cars.  Looks better with the 19" wheels which I prefer.

1932 Duesenberg SJ Torpedo Phaeton by Brunn | Printed on the… | Flickr

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Bingo!  A car with whitewalls.

BirdsEye.JPG

AJ, here's a photo of a 1934 production Silver Arrow identical to mine (no sidemounts, chromed radiator shell) and WITH whitewalls in front of Lindberg Studebaker-Pierce dealership on Van Ness Ave in SF in 1934 (larger version of the photo shows two 1934 Pierces at the curb on Geary Blvd, the intersecting street).  I bought a 8 x 10 print of the larger view.

1934 SA Lindberg Van Ness.jpg

1930s PA dlrship SF.JPG

• Like 9