Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

1 hour ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

Christie Touring Car '1905

Christie Touring Car '1905.jpg

Is this the one that was built out of one of Christie's racing cars? I had read about that one, but never seen a picture of it?  Or did Christie purpose-build this touring car?

Neat car regardless!

Quite possibly this is one of the purpose built cars. Austin Clark had the hood to the Christie taxi cab up in the loft of his auto museum and if you were up there ( it was very very dark except for a few hanging bare light bulbs) most likely someone was tripping over it looking for parts when attending one of the semi annual ( by invite) Iron Range Days. Austin also borrowed and copied a small quantity of original Christie sales literature from someone whose family invested in the Christie company when it was in existence and basically the only thing they got for their $ invested was the printed literature! I remember this from when I worked for Austin in his library 50 years ago. Why do I remember all this weird stuff?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

This is a Delaunay - Belleville

My first thought was D-B also - BUT - that car looks to have an early/mid 1920s body on it but that looks to be a pre WW1 radiator.

I guess it is possible someone had their pre WW1 limousine body updated but I think it may be another make.

I think the two cars in the photos further up this page may be the same, even though the bodies are different in the hood/cowl area. There are some of the same children in both photos.

I wonder if the car is a pre WW1 Delaunay-Belleville shot at tow different stages of a body modernisation.

aaca p355 limo.jpg

aaca p355 limo (2).jpg

aaca p335 limo 2.jpg

aaca p335 limo 2 (2).jpg

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

Quite possibly this is one of the purpose built cars. Austin Clark had the hood to the Christie taxi cab up in the loft of his auto museum and if you were up there ( it was very very dark except for a few hanging bare light bulbs) most likely someone was tripping over it looking for parts when attending one of the semi annual ( by invite) Iron Range Days. Austin also borrowed and copied a small quantity of original Christie sales literature from someone whose family invested in the Christie company when it was in existence and basically the only thing they got for their $ invested was the printed literature! I remember this from when I worked for Austin in his library 50 years ago. Why do I remember all this weird stuff?

I wished I lived in Austin Clark's neighborhood!!

I keep hearing all your wonderful reminiscing all of your visits at his home, and I do remember reading about him in older issues of Car Classics magazine from the 1970's.  It appears he had some interesting stuff and a huge library.

Craig 

Dave, the photo caption says this is a 1928 Model A.  Actually the radiator shows it is a 1930 or 1931 model.  Great photo.  The moving assembly line appears to be very similar to that used for Model T assembly.  The body style is Briggs.

30-31 Ford Model A Assembly Line.jpg