Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

The Renault is most likely a Monastella, the smaller HP engine capacity model. Renault also made a huge series of cars in the Nervastella and Reinastella, absolute dinosaur sized cars that I am in the middle of writing a story on.

Dave my friend, thanks to you for continuing to add such amazing period photographs to this thread .My utmost sincere thanks TO ALL who add to this or give us information about what we are viewing here, and to AACA for putting up with it all. I promise to keep mum and not start any further threads to keep the overworked moderators busy with my enthusiasm for somewhat obscure topics about motor vehicles. I have way to many ideas for topics  and stories.  There is just so much material that a conversation could be engaged in and is never mentioned about the cars we cherish and make us happy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Walt G said:

The Renault is most likely a Monastella, the smaller HP engine capacity model. Renault also made a huge series of cars in the Nervastella and Reinastella, absolute dinosaur sized cars that I am in the middle of writing a story on.

Dave my friend, thanks to you for continuing to add such amazing period photographs to this thread .My utmost sincere thanks TO ALL who add to this or give us information about what we are viewing here, and to AACA for putting up with it all. I promise to keep mum and not start any further threads to keep the overworked moderators busy with my enthusiasm for somewhat obscure topics about motor vehicles. I have way to many ideas for topics  and stories.  There is just so much material that a conversation could be engaged in and is never mentioned about the cars we cherish and make us happy.

I have a not super close friend that had owned a Renenstalla for years.  I’m hoping he lets me see it some day.

1 hour ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

Blue Earth, Minnesota

Automobile Parade Crowd @ Farmers Bank

Blue Earth Minnesota~Automobile Parade~Crowd @ Farmers Bank~Buick~1909.jpg

Wow "Blue Earth" Minn. That is where the Jolly Green Giant lives! I want the Buick Model 10 surrey.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Walt G said:

....  I promise to keep mum and not start any further threads to keep the overworked moderators busy with my enthusiasm for somewhat obscure topics about motor vehicles. I have way to many ideas for topics  and stories.  There is just so much material that a conversation could be engaged in and is never mentioned about the cars we cherish and make us happy.

Walt, I enjoy and learn from your posts and those of other "old-timers" in the hobby. Maybe someone should start a section for "Tall Tales" and stories of their experiences where members could post more extensive stories, a few hundred or 1,000 words. I have a few I would like to offer.  Many wouldn't want to read through long posts but others would enjoy them. It would consume a lot of digital memory resources, but what a resource for future historians!

Don

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

Henry J. Kaiser, 1946

Henry J. Kaiser, 1946.jpg

A prime example of 'badge engineering'! 

Remind one of what GM did between their 5 divisions with the J-body in the '80's.

Craig