Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

18 hours ago, Walt G said:

Craig, I agree. the maintenance crew in the factory indeed did "maintain" the machinery. NOTE all the machines are belt driven! not any electric cords plugged in anyplace.

I don't see any electrical service anywhere in that photo. 

Any lighting in that plant was most likely gas or kerosene (probably gas, looking at the small diameter pipes at ceiling height).  Electrical in that era would have been the old exposed 'knob & tube' wiring that ran along the ceiling or wall, and appliances would have been directly hard-wired to it.  I don't think plug-in, or screw-in appliances as we know them today didn't come into existence until just before the first world war.

Craig

23 minutes ago, Walt G said:

I had some great communication with the owner of that car who did a amazing restoration . There is another in the midwest as well that gets driven on a regular basis out there as well. Beautiful dinosaurs indeed. Most collectors reading this will have no idea how heavy that radiator and shell is to move around. I have one I am working on to display in my garage that I bought from Austin Clark 40+ years ago at one of his "Iron Range Days" ( that was a parts sale by invitation) at his auto museum in Southampton.  Some how that radiator seemed to be easier to move then then it does now..................

Yes!

There is a great video on youtube of the other car.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tph479 said:

Some prewar Packard pics. Two 900’s and a Twin Six

Two thoughts:

1.  Those shovel nose cars are very attractive. 

2.  Nice to see a twin six that doesn't have the 7 passenger touring body.   Not that I would complain if I had one.

• Haha 1