Period images to relieve some of the stress

Wow, great photo.  The owner plugged two porkers with a Savage Model-99.  Looks like he has a Colt New Service revolver in that cavalry holster.

Pierce-Arrow.jpg

hogs.jpg

Looks like feral pigs have been around a long time. I really like the car but the clothes sure don't fit with a hog hunt. Can you imagine showing up at a hunting camp dressed like that today?

11 hours ago, LCK81403 said:

Wow, great photo.  The owner plugged two porkers with a Savage Model-99.  Looks like he has a Colt New Service revolver in that cavalry holster.

Pierce-Arrow.jpg

I'm no firearms expert - I thought it was a twin boar side by side

• Like 2

Savage firearms is what is left of the Dureya Brothers car company from the early days......still in business in Westfield Mass last I knew, and I have one of their new "flat shooters" in .177

• Thanks 1

Check out the Leon Rubay auto parts stand, 1906 New York Auto Show...........he went bankrupt, moved to Paris, went broke again, then moved to Cleveland and became successful.  

Check out the license plates on the wall......very cool.

77C04091-ADD7-42A7-A0A5-263A1A1744C9.png

• Like 4

The license plates on the wall in the photo look really nice.  And that reminds me, (ARGHHH) that I bought a collector car in October, submitted paperwork for a Horseless Carriage license plate and still waiting for the plate.  The Court House people tell me the license plate manufacturer is closed down due to COVID.  Three months down and waiting. 

77C04091-ADD7-42A7-A0A5-263A1A1744C9.thumb.png.a8eeb0449c1cdfa1d1405c08f8054e3c.png

39 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Check out the Leon Rubay auto parts stand, 1906 New York Auto Show...........he went bankrupt, moved to Paris, went broke again, then moved to Cleveland and became successful.  

Until his entry into the complete automobile manufacturing business with his 1923 Leon Rubay, a 124.8 c.in. OHV four cylinder, 118" wheelbase, $5,100-$5,300.   Do any Leon Rubay cars still exist?

Ed, Thanks for taking the time for posting all of these! The body on the roadster with the flapper on the running board may be by Schutte of Lancaster, Pa. I have sales literature issued by them I will have to get out and look at. Schutte did a similar body on an Oldsmobile chassis so that may be what I recall, have to check.  The flapper is a very nice accessory, does not show up in the factory accessory catalog but so very nice none the less.  🤩  Hummm I could accommodate a flapper for my Packard touring car ....I am single , and that car has a lot of sheet metal to polish.

• Like 1