Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Amazing how many laundry companies were available at the time...

One from Scotland that had the slogan "Here comes the Castlebank man"

Very unusual

bus1.jpg

bus2.jpg

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Amazing how many laundry companies were available at the time...

One from Scotland that had the slogan "Here comes the Castlebank man"

Very unusual

bus1.jpg

bus2.jpg

Interesting.  Being Scottish I would have thought Albions would be the truck of choice, but the grille shape suggests Foden.

15 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

138690816_10208726271430200_1747475716120567135_o.jpg

Hummmmm.....another Hershey flea market photo, looking north, the hill in the background is where the big school is , some years ago when there were the Blue and White flea market fields.  🤨

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dictator27 said:

Interesting.  Being Scottish I would have thought Albions would be the truck of choice, but the grille shape suggests Foden.

Both links where I found them stated they were Albions 

3 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

See the source image

See the source image

See the source image

400px-So-cal-plating-1935-ford-phaeton3.jpg

SOCalTruckHeadlightVersion-vi.jpg

See the source image

19 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

08_06_003907.jpg

Christie conversion.......VERY COOL! Three thumbs up, great photo. 👍👍👍

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 9:47 PM, wayne sheldon said:

Was this photo taken before or after the fire?

I have known for a long time that a bunch of historically significant cars were displayed at that show, and generally understood they were lost. I did not know of any being restored or salvaged except for a maybe a 1908ish Packard roadster (good to hear about that again). Barney Oldfield's Golden Submarine was eventually recreated after the original on display was destroyed.

Wayne, I never knew the Golden Submarine was in the LA Fire. The clone used a MILLER Aircraft engine. Were are the remains of this car?

HNicholsMiller.jpg

• Like 1

I have more images coming everyone ! , I  have been involved with a lot of research and just proof read a major story with a lot of period photographs I did for a new publication that will hopefully make its debut as scheduled in about 6 weeks. Also have to tape a TV program on Brewster & Co. in 2 1/2 weeks so am pulling things for that from my archives. SO this is retirement huh.............................. 🙃

• Like 2

That White stake truck and the sign attached is just priceless!  this is the kind of picture that takes us back into the era so well - look at the beautiful hand lettering on that sign. Commentary on the language as well - how many kids still call their female parent "mama" , and it is a glass bottle with a paper label too in the artwork - A total time warp. I view this from the perspective of not just an auto historian but also an appointed local historian for many decades. It is a social history as well as a vehicle history.

Walt

• Like 2