Period images to relieve some of the stress

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Last one... 

I know it's sacrilege to post anything Ford but the quality of the photo deserves a place here. Sorry, I'm a sucker for all panel trucks. 

96pa101_1930_1939_1463b.jpg

Nothing wrong with a Ford..........and the photo meets all the criteria of the thread. Interesting how visible the plate is. Nice truck. Lettering was well done.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Colin Spong said:

1936 Hillman Minx (British)

Thanks quite possibly he had same as all cars were 30s and remember hillmans. I used to drive them on starter , much to my dads annoyance when he came to start them and battery was flat 😁

20 minutes ago, Tph479 said:

Pierce arrow. Interesting use of a sweep panel on a town car.

2B7A550E-2D3D-4D91-9958-E87894A3071B.jpeg

Young Herman C. Brunn spent some time working in France at Henri Binder to broaden this coachbuilding training and experience before returning to join Brunn as their designer.  His deft handling of the sweep panel design was one of the benefits of that training.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, 30DodgePanel said:

Last one... 

I know it's sacrilege to post anything Ford but the quality of the photo deserves a place here. Sorry, I'm a sucker for all panel trucks. 

96pa101_1930_1939_1463b.jpg

I second that..every panel photo I see I copy to my disk drive 

34 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Young Herman C. Brunn spent some time working in France at Henri Binder to broaden this coachbuilding training and experience before returning to join Brunn as their designer.  His deft handling of the sweep panel design was one of the benefits of that training.

I believe the correct nomenclature is “sweep spear” and written by Brunn in an article in the 70’s. I don’t remember where it appeared. Anyone know the article?

Ed: Sounds familiar, though I don't recall the name of the article either.  I do recall Hugo Pfau writings referring to the C-shaped low relief panel as the "LeBaron Sweep Panel".  Elegant design success has many fathers willing to take credit...  Whatever the term, it certainly enlivens a design.

Edited by 58L-Y8 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This photo of a Willys-Overland was posted earlier.  It appears to be a taxi model, suggested by the equipment on the roof.  The object at center-front on the roof appears to be what a TAXI sign should look like.

Willys-Overland Used Car lot cropped 05-05.jpg

• Like 1

Mullins made the trailer, kitchen cabinets, and fenders for many of the smaller independents........Pierce Arrow was one of their customers for years.

1CB2560D-DFE0-476D-BF72-0AC5F53205D5.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1