Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Here is a car for you to let us know what it is , and perhaps where it was built and when.

Hope it isn't 'tweesy' ( to easy) and gets a few scratching their heads. I have way to much stuff to share.

Anyone getting bored yet?

LEACHrear001.jpg

LEACHside002.jpg

Edited by Walt G
spelling mistake (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

Here is a car for you to let us know what it is , and perhaps where it was built and when.

Hope it isn't 'tweesy' ( to easy) and gets a few scratching their heads. I have way to much stuff to share.

Anyone getting bored yet?

LEACHrear001.jpg

LEACHside002.jpg

Leach Power Plus Six, Leach Motor Car Company, Los Angeles, CA 1920-'23.  Sporty and pricey, a favorite of the movie colony denizens...traded in for Roamers in a few short years...

1 hour ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Leach Power Plus Six, Leach Motor Car Company, Los Angeles, CA 1920-'23.  Sporty and pricey, a favorite of the movie colony denizens...traded in for Roamers in a few short years...

The large original sales catalog I took the images from is dated 1920 , so it is for the first year that they built them.  The same catalog has many neat photos of the cars under construction too as well as the bodies . Huge factory floor space, it notes it was the Leach Biltwell Motor  Company.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Walt G said:

The large original sales catalog I took the images from is dated 1920 , so it is for the first year that they built them.  The same catalog has many neat photos of the cars under construction too as well as the bodies . Huge factory floor space, it notes it was the Leach Biltwell Motor  Company.

Do any survive?

I suspect being from California, there will be a few survivors.

Craig

7 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

Walt, you are correct they had a 1922 60HP Touring, but sold it in the September 1985 auction. Bob 

It's in the Peterson Museum in LA now if I am not mistaken.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 hours ago, twin6 said:

Another Stutz with a different pet.  Actress Pearl White (of Perils of Pauline fame) who only lived to age 49.  I don't think there are enough Stutz with pets photos to start another thread, but it would be fun to see if anyone else has one to post.  Is Russell's dog a setter?

piggy.jpg

Site "chuckstoyland.com" carries 2 postcards of Elgin driver Zengel with his mascot pig, "Sidney."

Edited by Princeton54Museum (see edit history)

George

GREAT photos, something different. neat to see the trucks loaded up and the restored one done up with a load just lends more to the story of their use.

Imagine of those barrels were filled with liquid chocolate, and it was at Hershey during the Fall meet, everyone getting a half cup/mug of liquid chocolate then going to the Hershey region spaces to get a fill of hot milk or water to mix it together for a sip to get more sugar in your system for stamina to keep up the pace to continue to look for parts , toys, tools,  etc

Yes, I am still in a dream mode about the Hershey for 2020 that didn't happen as I think are most people. 😇

WG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OK......another question to ponder..............what is she thinking?

Best Guess: Does this dress make my ass look big? 😇

133652850_10225386545629351_8653270057986288589_o.jpg

• Haha 4

On 12/27/2020 at 8:06 AM, alsancle said:

Back around 1976 I was with my family at the Larz Anderson for Jaguar day.   I think you got to tour the museum as part of entry to the show.   I saw the biggest coolest car in the world (to a 12 year old).

Larz Anderson

1912 RENAULT PHAETON – Larz Anderson Auto Museum

This Renault sedan was recently on Bring-a-Trailer and once featured same type canework (unfortunately, appears to have been used as a parts car for the town car that recently was also on Bring-a-Trailer).

1606681822ff2257cDH__1027-scaled.thumb.jpg.a70909113156c76862d76767283f8510.jpg

1914_renault_type_eu_landaulet_16033904809dbffabbDH__9689.jpg

When was the last time anyone ever saw a mud flap on a pre war car? My 1931 Plymouth sedan had a pair mounted on it when I bought it in 1963, the car had been parked in a garage and not driven since 1935 ( the NY license plate was still on the car at the back too) after it had an unfortunate encounter with a more solid object . Mud flaps were a popular accessory due to the poor conditions of the road even with paved surfaces. Today you see cars with accessory driving lights, spot lamps, tire covers, running board metal mats/plates, trunks but no mud flaps . Hey there is an idea for a new international or country wide region of AACA - The Mudflap region . 🤣

• Like 2