Period images to relieve some of the stress

On 12/18/2020 at 7:24 AM, ericmac said:

I am not a British car expert but was wondering about makes like Riley, Ballard, ERA, Rally, Talbot and so on. Methinks John knows.

I am not brushed up on Fay Taylour, aka "Flying Fay", but, yes I have had plenty of British cars from all decades (and still have one - probably a top 5 on globe 1963 AH 3000 BJ7 MKII - and in Colorado red - a hobby car from day one that has been passed down until me to presidents of AH Club), though British cars are not something I share here on AACA as they tend to not have much following here. 

Sidenote;  Brakes usually work fine when new - where people get into trouble today is too hard a lining, not arching shoes to drums (caused by different thickness shoes and turning down drums), and such as worn parts, plus you then have brake fade, weather conditions, and ...  Basically, any pre-WWII car we have had I can hit the brakes, go into a 4 wheel or 2 wheel lock up, and throw you through the windshield - while the car sounds like the "World is Coming to an End" via screeching and .... 

• Like 2

I came across this photo recently while reading about the many ways customers choose products and marketing concepts. According to the article this was GM 1933. Thought it was an interesting angle of the process at the time with a sales room feel. 

general_motors_production_line.jpg?itok=k6j_LOXX

• Like 2

John, that's good historical information about brakes and skidding.  It is a good thing in modern times that guard rails now help protect drivers, passengers and the environment in an accident.  

Guard Rail Damage.JPG

• Haha 1