Period images to relieve some of the stress

Yes, The Stutz Weymann Monte Carlo, REO Royale 8-48 and Packard 845 Dietrich Newport and the Jordon Speedway Z Sportsman sport sedans are all the earliest iterations of the 3-box configuration wherein the lower body through the integrated trunk are treated as a separate mass from the greenhouse.  This at the time the 2-box touring sedan dominated the industry.    To make these work proportionally, they had to be on the longest wheelbase so the rear passenger seat could be moved forward and down from above the rear axle plane.   When that was done, the visual body mass achieves a pleasing effect where in radiator shell begins the mass and the rear of the top aligns with the rear axle plane.   Then, the integrated trunk simply echoes the rear fender shape and resolves the design nicely.    Although they don't always display the Dietrich ideal 3-2-1 window set to c-pillar proportions, the simple nearly equal door windows with 2-2-1/2 proportions are far more visually interesting than the typical touring sedan.

Suppose you can tell I particularly like this body style... 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, alsancle said:

Foolishly,  me too.

Foolish? No, Just an indication we have good taste in Classic Era design and proportions...he said modestly...

Random Selection of Park Avenue's Custom Cars.jpg

• Like 1

AJ has good taste........proof is he likes my two new cars..............I also must give him credit where it is due......he sold the three cars I told him to............so he does listen to good advice when he gets it. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, edinmass said:

AC21AB8A-8145-40AE-BA43-DAC4F57E2C8F.png

Any idea of the back story on this photo?

The clothing style looks very 1920s to me but the cars are much earlier, seems like they would have been considered obsolete if not antique at the time the photo was taken. And it is obviously some sort of event.

4 minutes ago, ply33 said:

The clothing style looks very 1920s to me but the cars are much earlier, seems like they would have been considered obsolete if not antique at the time the photo was taken. And it is obviously some sort of event.

I generally agree. Although it is possible the photo could have been taken a bit later. Maybe late '30s, could possibly even be post-war?

The car on our left appears to be a 1903 Ford based upon the radiator. Cadillacs looked quite similar from the front, however their radiator was slanted, not straight. If I recall correctly, the 1904 Ford had an additional row of tubes at the bottom of the radiator (I could be wrong about that?). I don't know what the car on our right is. That style front was quite popular 1900 to 1905 in the USA. It was copied from French designs began in the late 1890s. Whatever the car is? The tires are sure shot! I doubt they were racing them despite appearing to be on a track. Although maybe the tires being shot could be the result of racing them?

That photo conjures up so many things to wonder about. Like, I wonder if those two cars still survive?

I am pleased to see more activity in this thread! The "White" thread seemed to take it over for a bit. Both threads are incredible, and deserve to remain active. As Ed's project winds down nearing fruition, some return to this thread would be enjoyable. I wish i had more worthy photos to add here myself. Maybe I can add a few from my Ford archives.

Thank you all!

• Like 1