Period images to relieve some of the stress

7 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Walt, Thank you for keeping this thread on track. If the club was still together, and we had used of Veterans Park Field, today would have been the 59th Ridgefield Meet. So many great cars & people. The memories were life changing. Bob 

DSCF0182.JPG

DSCF0183.JPG

DSCF0185.JPG

It’s kind of interesting to think that many of us here went to that show regularly.........I was the little kid running around looking at the brass and CCCA stuff!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am so happy to share what I have been fortunate enough to find and add to my collection over the decades here on the forums . I really prefer a print medium over electronic ( because if the lights go out I can still read a magazine by flashlight or candle light) As most have surmised my area of main interest ( severe interest!?!) is the WWI to WWII era. Especially the design and construction of coach work be it passenger car or commercial. I find it so interesting as an artist and historian how all the factors to hand build a car came together with no computer around to tell anyone how to calculate or the timing needed to do that. How great were the artists who rendered the sales literature or individual portraits to show to potential customers . I also know very well what it is like to lift and sort through ash wood for structural framework use that is 3 inches thick by 8+ inches wide and 10- feet long., move a piece of sheet metal that is 4 x 8 feet, etc in the cars of that era that I have restored or helped restore. It puts a whole different perspective on everything.

I feel in my own way by sharing what you see here, and what I pen in stories I am honoring all the time and labor put in by the hardworking fellows 80 + years ago. I think if they were around they would feel proud to see something they worked on still here so many decades later and cared for by so many people. Preservation of our and their heritage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2EF14099-281A-44D7-899C-628191AAB94D.thumb.jpeg.cccacac7714e7c517b97cf77c8881487.jpeg One of my favorite custom Coles that the company made. It was made by combining three different body types that they offered and had a massive wheel base of a 152 inches. The price of this particular Cole is unknown but definitely was not cheap hopefully some of you find this one pretty neat. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Walt G said:

Ed, great stuff - first time I have ever seen the interior of that Jordan club sedan. Love it.

there is a picture showing the speedway sedan and roadster in a driveway in Cleveland in the late 40s. The roadster was obviously found eventually but not the sedan which may still be hiding in Cleveland.

• Like 3
11 hours ago, alsancle said:

there is a picture showing the speedway sedan and roadster in a driveway in Cleveland in the late 40s. The roadster was obviously found eventually but not the sedan which may still be hiding in Cleveland.

A.J.: 

I certainly hope you are correct, that at least one survives and will be found.  Those Jordan Speedway Z Sportsman sedans are one of the earliest examples of the nascent 3-box sedan configuration, as is your REO Royale Dietrich sport sedan.  Unlike your REO Dietrich, whose fine hand of design mastery is evident throughout and acknowledged, the Jordan is an advanced, sophisticated design without attribution.   I'll go out on another limb with saw in hand and credit Dietrich with its inspired, progressive design.  

'30 Jordan Speedway Z Sportsman b.png

• Like 2
14 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

161C5118-85BE-4800-9E7A-91AD668BFDC2.png

MILLER 8 with Winfield's, any more photos? Bob 

DSCF0217.JPG

DSCF0218.JPG

I'll check.......can't remember if I have more.

• Thanks 1