Period images to relieve some of the stress

42 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Eleanor Roosevelt

Eleanor Roosevelt in car, 1934 | Eleanor roosevelt, Hillarious ...

Thank you, John for sharing this picture.

Having toured for a dozen years, and then restored and showed our 1934 Buick 34-57 all the way to Grand National Senior status, the '34 Buick is among my favorites - even better as this 34-56C or 34-66C Series convertible coupe

First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt was a national treasure, especially in my Dad's eyes for having visited his 6th Special USN SeaBee Battalion in the South Pacific during WWII.

Additionally, this photo is even more interesting to me since I attended the University of Kentucky back in the early 1960s.

• Like 1

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured ...

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities (Photo by Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

FRANCE-AUTO-CITROEN-2CV

Picture dated 07 October 1948 of the first exhibition of a 2CV Citroën during the Paris Car Show in the Grand Palais. The Citroen 2CV was produced by the French automaker Citroën from 1948 to 1990. Photo datée du 07 octobre 1948 de la 2CV, présentée pour la première fois au public dans le cadre du Salon de l'automobile au Grand-Palais à Paris. (Photo by - / AFP) (Photo by -/AFP via Getty Images)

FRANCE-AUTO-CITROEN-2CV : News Photo

Salon de l'automobile

Des ouvriers sortant une voiture du Grand Palais à la fin du Salon de l'automobile à Paris, France en octobre 1930. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

Salon de l'automobile : News Photo

26 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Salon de l'automobile

Salon de l'automobile à la Porte de Versailles à Paris, France en 1931. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

Salon de l'automobile à la Porte de Versailles à Paris, France en ...

A 31 Mercedes 370 six cylinder.  I never understood why Mercedes did that with the side window and wrecked an otherwise very attractive car.

27 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Salon de l'automobile

Salon de l'automobile à la Porte de Versailles à Paris, France en 1931. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

Now that is cool!   When was the last time anyone saw one of those?  Never?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured ...

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities

England, 3rd July 1931, Sir Donald Campbell and his wife pictured with their new Rolls Royce at the Pinner, Middlesex Donkey Derby, held in aid of local charities (Photo by Popperfoto via Getty Images/Getty Images)

That is Malcolm Campbell. Donald's father. Donald was only 10 in 1931.

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Salon de l'automobile

Des ouvriers sortant une voiture du Grand Palais à la fin du Salon de l'automobile à Paris, France en octobre 1930. (Photo by Keystone-France\Gamma-Rapho via Getty Images)

The truck is a De Dion-Bouton - not sure of the year though but maybe WW1 era. This one is a bus.

0813.jpg

• Like 1

1937 Vienna Auto show, Tatras are now assembled in Austria. I doubt though that's the case with the Type 77, they were probably imported. The smaller front-engined Type 57A was also made in Germany as Röhr Junior and a little bit later as Stoewer Greif Junior

1937 (2).png

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)
  • gwells changed the title to Period images to relieve some of the stress