Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

24 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

From AACA Forum Member alsancle

Another Murphy bodied Hudson.  One that I do not believe survived.  Looks better with the blackwalls.

murphyhudson3.JPG

murphyhudson5.JPG

Is it just me, or does the hood line look as if its rising as it moves forward and the radiator shell look too large in scale?

• Like 2

The bookmobile could be on a Meiselbach truck chassis.  It resembles this 1908 Meiselbach truck in ad in the Cycle and Automobile Trade Journal, Philadelphia, January 1, 1908, page 267.

11 Bookmobile.jpg

08 Meiselbach truck Cycle and Automobile Trade Journal, Philadelphia, Jan. 1, 1908, p 267.JPG

2 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Is it just me, or does the hood line look as if its rising as it moves forward and the radiator shell look too large in scale?

It's not just you. That snout looks way too big.

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

105692689_3991914457516658_7282459512023353427_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_ohc=1IXHqjYW-gUAX9N0nnM&_nc_ht=scontent.fluk1-1.fna&oh=537b1a00b77152639e4d3124a7bd1325&oe=5F1A108C

This photo was taken in Brooklyn, NY . the dealer was Conover T. Silver who had some custom Willys - Kinight - Overland cars made to order in the teens /twenties era. Makes sense as Brooklyn had a lot of wealthy residents there and could afford a custom body built to order. William Pase had the Franklin dealership in Brooklyn ( as well as several other locations) and also saw amazing sales of that marque with several custom bodies being ordered as well. I have many of Pase's photographs that were taken of his operation here in Brooklyn and in Manhattan.

• Like 2

Here is the "what I learned today" detective wise - Thank you Randy Ema.

I had these two Duesenberg photos saved in a folder as the same car - they are supposedly on the same drive with same building behind, appear similar shades via B&W photos, and ...  That said, Randy Ema was quick to point out they are different Duesenberg Murphy Beverly's and you can tell bey he trim on the rear fender.  

Now can you imagine the fluke day of walking out of the office to for a second need to figure out which Duesenberg Murphy Beverly is yours ? 

Lupe Velez - Johnny Weisemuller -  J449-2462 Murphy Beverly engine only survives 

gettyimages-3170306-2048x2048.jpg

Conrad Nagel walking past -  J419-2448 also scrapped

gettyimages-3296906-2048x2048.jpg

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1