Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

56 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

This is nifty !'

Murphy-bodied Duesenberg Model J dual-cowl phaeton takes Best in ...

I hoped another view of this Duesenberg J sport sedan by Derham would turn up, its pictured in Roe, page 171.  Note, it had removable B-pillar like a convertible sedan, making it conceptually a four door hardtop.

Duesenberg J - Derham sport sedan - pillarless.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

Note on the back of the photo says it is a 1921 Cole - is it?

Cole 1921001.jpg

Yes, it is a Cole Aero 8 with a special top.  Also has some Westinghouse air springs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

The piece of equipment sitting on the car is a Hallicrafters S-39 general coverage HF receiver. I do not recognize the thing on the ground. Maybe 2-1/2 and/or 5 meter rig?

hallicrafters-s-39.jpg

What is the car?

1941 Packard 110 Convertible Coupe

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance - 1931 Cord L-29 Chassis no. 2929245 Engine no. FD 4046 (photo from Bonhams)

Bonhams : 1931 Cord L-29 Chassis no. 2929245 Engine no. FD 4046

That Cord L-29 may look familiar to me (although I never knew who owned it?). Judging by the clothing, I would guess the photo was taken in the '60s at a Concourse de Elegance or Grand Classic. 

I don't recognize the two judges next to the car, however the third fellow in a dark suit and bow-tie I think is Jack Passey!

Several of the pictures following this one's original post, are from I think from the predating or early Pebble Beach Concourse days. I may need to spend some quiet time in the evening zooming in close to see if I can recognize anyone?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Bloo said:

life.jpg

The piece of equipment sitting on the car is a Hallicrafters S-39 general coverage HF receiver. I do not recognize the thing on the ground. Maybe 2-1/2 and/or 5 meter rig?

hallicrafters-s-39.jpg

What is the car?

I think Car is a base model Packard in like a 110 Series 6 cyl. 

• Like 1

HOW TO DO THIS BETTER:

To give everyone some help:  I started playing around with adding black white to my search terms - apparently a ton of people on the globe feel they need to call out a black and white photo using words black white in their description. 

Also "Car" is a useful term and then do the same search for "Automobile."

Then such as: archive, library, digital, historical, vintage and ... various term changes pull some stuff out of the woodwork.

For show we have Salon, Concours, d'Elegance in English/French/other languages, Auto Show, Motor Show,  Car Show and ....