Period images to relieve some of the stress

59 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

From Roger Brown on Facebook - Honoring my Dad, Clifford Brown on this Father's Day. This is a favorite picture of him. When he showed it to me years ago he said it was the first Chrysler Roadster in Allegheny County that year, 1929. By the looks of the trees it must be Spring time. He said it was taken in Pittsburgh's Schenley Park. I have another couple of pics of him and that Chrysler and it has a rumble seat and the spare tire mounted on a rear bumper rack. This would have been just a few months before the infamous '29 Stock Market Crash. I'm sure so many of us are missing our Dads this Father's Day. Life's that way

Image may contain: 1 person, car and outdoor

Never seen one of those with disc wheels.

3 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

1930 Chicago Auto Show (With images) | Retro cars, Classic cars ...

Finally, another period photo of the elusive 1930-'32 Hupmobile Custom Eight Model U or U-237!  Note this sedan nearest on the right, the slanted windshield and rear-hinged doors.  Their other models including the Series H that shared the powertrain had vertical windshields and front-hinged front doors.  The other dark sedan may be a Series U as well though the door handles and windshield are too indistinct to be sure.

'30 Hupmobile display Custom Eight Model U -cropped.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Peerless

1930-Peerless-Straight-Eight-Sedan-ORIGINAL-Factory-Photo-oub3086

This is a rare 1929 Peerless Model Eight-125, the self-same model Ed saw when it was at Boca Raton/The Elegance/Amelia Island/or St.John's Concours d'Elegance. A maroon one restored by The Creative Workshop in Florida. Thank you for posting it. One-year-only, first Peerless with a straight eight. More power than all nine of GM's car brands that year.

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

circa 1954: Three tyres attached to the rear of a 1916 Pierce-Arrow Raceabout, one of the vintage cars competing in the Anglo-American vintage car race of September 1954. (Photo by Orlando /Three Lions/Getty Images)
Three Tyres : News Photo

• Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Period Images to Relieve some of the Stresshttps://forums.aaca.org/topic/341211-period-images-to-relieve-some-of-the-stress/
  • gwells changed the title to Period images to relieve some of the stress