Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

From Roger Brown on Facebook - Honoring my Dad, Clifford Brown on this Father's Day. This is a favorite picture of him. When he showed it to me years ago he said it was the first Chrysler Roadster in Allegheny County that year, 1929. By the looks of the trees it must be Spring time. He said it was taken in Pittsburgh's Schenley Park. I have another couple of pics of him and that Chrysler and it has a rumble seat and the spare tire mounted on a rear bumper rack. This would have been just a few months before the infamous '29 Stock Market Crash. I'm sure so many of us are missing our Dads this Father's Day. Life's that way

Image may contain: 1 person, car and outdoor

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

From Patty at Imbued With HuesImage may contain: 1 person, tree, sky, grass and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, tree, sky, shoes and outdoor

1935 Covered Wagon.........”Tin Can Tourists”.

The Brooklands race track in Surrey, England has been preserved in part by the Brooklands Society that was started a few decades ago and has an annual rally there where cars still get to drive up on the banked track! I have attended at least 2 of the reunions in years past and it is just really amazing to experience. Not only the sights but the sounds of the race cars that attend and are used on the track and the 'test hill' as well.

Just like we have Hershey here that has no rival so far as "the experience" goes , Brooklands reunion is the same, it is like no other car event. You see cars there that you only have ever seen in history books.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

FLASH with a Franklin

Image may contain: one or more people

Image may contain: 1 person

The Franklin is a 1928 series 12 hard to tell if a series 12A or 12B, first year for Franklin to have 4 wheel juice brakes. Very fine driving motor cars.