Walt G

Period Images to Relieve some of the Stress

Benefits of AACA Membership.

Posted (edited)

Image may contain: outdoorNice aftermarket body on a 1930 Ford commercial chassis. The cowl is the same as a Roadster but has a different top and no lower windshield station brackets. You can just see the cutout for the upper Roadster door hinge above the spare tire, A pillar back is all aftermarket body. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

On 5/18/2020 at 12:43 PM, twin6 said:

Bentley.jpg

On 5/18/2020 at 4:09 PM, John_Mereness said:

AWESOME !!!

I am guessing someone was just walking down the street and said this should be interesting to watch (the car appears incidental to the group of people behind - I am almost wondering a pedestrian was hit in street) - and then the photo survived. 

The original posted photo caught my attention... I'm sure I had seen the car before - then I found the photo I was thinking of... It appears to be a Bentley 6½ Litre Speed model, chassis KR2699 delivered Nov. 1929 with Gurney Nutting coachwork - Olympia show car, 1st owner W.J. Hargrave Pawson after the show. The rest of the details would be fun to know (and probably are known within another source... just not to wit at the moment)... but it's clear it's not the same spot (given the tree near the door in the original posting's image is not in the "new" image)... indeed, something's going on behind the car in the quoted image, and the ladies in both shots look to be dressed differently, but that may be explained by the coat she's wearing in this new post's image...

Bentley_KR2699_6.5-Litre.jpg

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Image may contain: one or more people

If I could get that picture in a 7'X16' vinyl sheet it would be on my garage door.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

If I could get that picture in a 7'X16' vinyl sheet it would be on my garage door.

It is from the Franklin Automobile Enthusiast page on Facebook and that is exactly what they did - try William Fields (posted May 6th)

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)