Period images to relieve some of the stress

200 pages - Yes, all done on a whim because I really enjoy period images and know some friends did too ( thank you to all who have contributed and pretty much have kept it on track/topic as well which is most appreciated) Thanks especially to my good friends Tim, Al, John , and Colin from England who have contributed the most and taken the time to do so. I think it may have accomplished what I set out - to Relieve some of the stress because we all "get lost" in the photographs we are viewing. Feeling good looking at old iron.

To all of you , my sincere best wishes for continued good health for you and yours. Our bond is the old cars, old vehicles - we are a community of history and preservation. Thank you so much and a huge THANK YOU to AACA for putting up with all of this - posting these photos is not done for free and I know we blew out the limit of what could be posted image wise weeks ago! ūüėģ

To quote the late vaudeville comedian Ted Lewis " Is everybody happy?"  Stay well all and look forward to the day we can once again roam around behind the wheel of our cars that have running boards.

With pride and friendship to all.

Walt

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

'28 Kissel sedan.  I have had the heart throbs for Kissel Gold Bugs for many years, and there is no known medication for this problem -- short of actually owning one.  However this '28 Kissel sedan looks pretty good too.

28 Kissel Sedan Clymer Scrapbook Nr5 p181.JPG

'31 Cord.  The short text carries interesting information about the color scheme.

"Of singular distinctiveness is this new Cord, wherein LeGrande combines two shades of capucine for the fenders, moldings and lower body, all set off by flame striping."

31 Cord Clymer Scrapbook Nr5 p187.JPG

Buster Keaton should have known not to race a what-is-it roadster  with a Model T.  Any guesses what make that roadster was?

13 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Buster Keaton should have known not to race a what-is-it roadster  with a Model T.  Any guesses what make that roadster was?

Mercer is the other roadster and Buster Keaton is in a model T

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
5 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

From AACA Forum Member Akropois who things this San Diego Airfield and was hanging in his grandfathers Chrysler dealership

IMG_8090.jpeg

A better look:

'27 Chrysler Imperial 80 convertible coupe & Lindbergh.jpg

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

From AACA Forum Member Akropois who things this San Diego Airfield and was hanging in his grandfathers Chrysler dealership

IMG_8090.jpeg

Probably IS San Diego since it shows the Spirit of St. Louis.

From AACA Form Member nzcarnerd

From the University of Pittsburgh archive.

I see from left, a Dodge, an Oakland, and a Franklin. On the right is a Ford T van. I think that might be a Packard Twin Six turning onto the street.

00 to 30 c 20 Fifth Ave Pittsburgh UP archive.jpg

From AACA Forum Member Flaxen (the car is a Buick)

My wife is making a scrapbook of her ancestry. This photo was taken in NY I believe in the mid to late 30's. Her dad and mom are both in the photo. 

IMG_0182.JPG

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

And Casper Friederich brings us to page 200 - THANK YOU !!!

I am flattered!

BTW The car to the right in my last photo, could it be a Studebaker as it has suicide front doors? Clearly the driver is showing off his fancy boots!

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Here is a photo taken around 1955. In the foreground is the family 1929 Franklin 137 that was my father's car and later mine.

Franklin 7 pass.jpg

• Like 2
7 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

From AACA Forum Member Flaxen (the car is a Buick)

My wife is making a scrapbook of her ancestry. This photo was taken in NY I believe in the mid to late 30's. Her dad and mom are both in the photo. 

IMG_0182.JPG

1934=35 Model 98-C  - a 'convertible phaeton' in Buick speak. Easily distinguished from the smaller 68-C by the rear edge of the rear door being near vertical and not 'cut into' by the rear fender.

Edit - that is weird - ho did it get posted there?

See the source image

• Like 2
  • Steve Moskowitz changed the title to Period Images to Relieve some of the Stresshttps://forums.aaca.org/topic/341211-period-images-to-relieve-some-of-the-stress/
  • gwells changed the title to Period images to relieve some of the stress