Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

You made me google Loretta Young.   Considering she is the 2nd hit on google for "Loretta" you would think I would have already known who she was.

I really only knew of her through "The Bishop's Wife" - 1947, though I guess you found out I like films as much as cars (aka why I parked a bunch of images here  in one place).  For those doing homework, I found the word "car" in the search with actor/actress name to be  a better search term than "automobile."

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

You made me google Loretta Young.   Considering she is the 2nd hit on google for "Loretta" you would think I would have already known who she was.

Im stunned you didn’t know who she was. She also did a lot of still work for Earl C Anthony........there are lots of shots with her in cars.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Gary Cooper under hood of his Duesenberg Tourister

Gary Cooper Football Card Database - Newest Products will be shown ...

Gary Cooper - Enduring Style

Great car, terrible factory colors. Recently started and driving after almost fifty years of being parked in a museum.

B34AE820-2D95-4AE5-A1F1-F1747198B7BA.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does appear that the white Pullman coupe is in fact a 1916 model.  In my digital files I somehow acquired a different photo of a 1916 Pullman couple.  I have no idea where I acquired the photo; what the source is.

16 Pullman Coupe 02.jpg

16 Pullman Coupe 01.jpg

This is a photo of my mother's cousin who was from Italy showing off his brand new car. Complete with side curtains. It was said he got it with the bells and whistles of the day. Posing dressed to the nines on his momentous occasion. Photo was taken in New Jersey. Most likely Camden. It was a much different neighborhood then.

20200531_184837.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

B34AE820-2D95-4AE5-A1F1-F1747198B7BA.png

Somebody at Duesenberg must have had a thing for this color combination as I understand that the factory demonstrator in Los Angeles (J-111) was originally a similar color scheme.  While not necessarily authentic,  I think the tutone blue was a better choice. 

20200607_231407_copy_1612x1209.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Steelbreeze said:

This is a photo of my mother's cousin who was from Italy showing off his brand new car. Complete with side curtains. It was said he got it with the bells and whistles of the day. Posing dressed to the nines on his momentous occasion. Photo was taken in New Jersey. Most likely Camden. It was a much different neighborhood then.

20200531_184837.jpg

1931 Ford A.

• Like 2