Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

I am sure these photos are buried in the first 100 pages - This car was one of two used in the original film version of “The Great Gatsby” by Alan Ladd in 1949.

Image may contain: 2 people, car and outdoor

Hervé Pannier Une autre vue de la SJN J533 le même jour avec un des deux personnages

Image may contain: car and outdoor

JN- 533, now with a added blower in the Neathercutt  Collection. Photo has a 1946 plate on it. Recently painted silver.........One of four built JN’s, and the last of the breed. Of every CCCA car I have driven, and I have driven most of them, it’s my favorite.

Photo is from fifteen years ago,  fore they painted it silver.

SJN-564 is in white.

6C38442E-4664-48E5-83C5-B0034BB5AAC8.png

7B785159-3372-4C2C-9F5B-F9237D25488F.png

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3

REO taxicab from Svensk Motortidning 1924. There were attempts to put American-styled cars in the taxifleet of Stockholm already in the roaring 20s.

Interesting from my Finnish perspective, as there was a car dealer overhere who thought by importing second-hand Checkers he could modernize the prewar dominated taxifleet in our capital in time before the 1952 Olympics...

Reo Taxicab (3).JPG

Edited by Casper Friederich (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Rolls-Royce wallpapers

Sure looks like a skiff with a roadster top adaptation. Bet it would look good with the top removed. Very sporty for an English Coach builder.

2 minutes ago, Casper Friederich said:

Almost teutonic soft top! The rear view of the Mercedes-Benz 540K and it's Horch equilavent with top down was bescribed as restricted.

Waterhouse's Victorias on Stutz and Packard chassis make sens!

Must be a double top to fold like that.   And yes,  you never put the top down on a Horch or 540k Cabriolet because it only goes 1/2 way down.