Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Germany Free State Prussia Berlin Fritsch, Willy - Actor, Germany - *27.01.1901-13.07.1973+ with his car and his dogs in front of his house in Berlin - 1937 Vintage property of ullstein bild

(Eingeschränkte Rechte für bestimmte redaktionelle Kunden in Deutschland. Limited rights for specific editorial clients in Germany.) Germany Free State Prussia Berlin Fritsch, Willy - Actor, Germany - *27.01.1901-13.07.1973+ with his car and his dogs in front of his house in Berlin - 1937 Vintage property of ullstein bild (Photo by ullstein bild/ullstein bild via Getty Images)

Germany Free State Prussia Berlin Fritsch, Willy - Actor, Germany - *27.01.1901-13.07.1973+ with his car and his dogs in front of his house in Berlin - 1937 Vintage property of ullstein bild : News Photo

mercedes 500k Cab A

• Like 1

Been enthralled John , amazing set of Hollywood ‘images with beautiful cars .

great  to remember and put a face to the names my parents and grandparents talked about .

Myself and I’m sure many others appreciate your dedication, generosity and   obvious much time and effort shown to feed our interest and enlighten some like me .

• Like 1

On page 155 is a group of photos from the gangster movie "Public Enemy No. 1", made in 1931 with James Cagney.  The car is a LaSalle all-weather phaeton.  In one of the pics James and his buddy are getting out of the car to go into a nightclub/speakeasy.  As the valet is attempting to park the car he grinds the transmission gears pretty bad.  Cagney yells:  "It ain't a Ford!".😄

Captain Harley😉

• Like 1

the two photos of the IF roadster - the one with the bi plane in the back ground shows Joe Gaeta at the wheel, as I mentioned he owned the car that was built for Rudolph Valentino because Valentino died before he could take delivery. I do not believe that there were two cars built that looked like this, only one , same car in both photos. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Actress Esther Ralston at Barkies Sandwich Shop

(Original Caption) 4/1/29-Hollywood, California: The word "hot dog," has been abbreviated to "barkies," in Hollywood, California, America's movie mecca, and this unique stand is built in the form of a huge puppy. Esther Ralston, film actress, is just driving up to catch "a between scenes" sandwich. BPA2 #5262

Actress Esther Ralston at Barkies Sandwich Shop : News Photo

1928 Graham-Paige - maybe a 629? Or is it the big 835?