Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

4 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

120946718_10159162432552189_8265087602746416512_n.jpg.600567a979bb22e57c63565514abe873.jpg

Easy enough to identify the Budweiser Bevo boat, and it’s at the Pittsburgh Oktoberfest...........as I have other photos of it there in October of 1934. How about a photo of the Pierce Arrow 1931 Series 41 car that the one off body was removed to make this actual boat. I have photos of it from the early 90’s before it was removed off the Pierce chassis and placed on a V-12 Cadillac chassis. And, anyone want to comment on the coach builder of the boat?

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

120948115_10159162479867189_2884855438513914675_n.thumb.jpg.dc500b03ea64a5501bb92c6a5d802fdc.jpg

LOVE THOSE FENDERS!  Wild guess Voisin? Bob

Bob, I posted the photo a few months ago on the BIG thread. With several other shots.........I can’t for the life of me remember what it was......but was thinking it was a Farman.

• Like 1

WOW this could have been the ultimate Hershey flea market vehicle decades ago! Can you imagine it being driven in the flea market there now? - with a tin can tied to a string to drag along the ground? Thanks Peter!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Walt G said:

WOW this could have been the ultimate Hershey flea market vehicle decades ago! Can you imagine it being driven in the flea market there now? - with a tin can tied to a string to drag along the ground? Thanks Peter!

Most people would pay good money to see the average cart driver/rider get into that T without it turning over sideways. Bob 

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, twin6 said:

1921_AlbertEinstein_NY.jpg

Point deductions on the show field for mismatched tires. :)

Looks like Albert Einstein in the car. I know he was famous in his time but was unaware that he participated in parades. I wonder if any other physicist in the modern era has gotten that type of general public exposure.

On 10/9/2020 at 3:39 AM, BobinVirginia said:

I’d like to add a personal touch to the period photos. My grandad 1922 aged 18 with his Willys 

I’ll never be that cool. 

184EBEAC-D03F-42C6-A35F-7FD79EE62C62.jpeg

I always find it remarkable that even young men of this period looked like grown men. That guy looks like he can get things done, like he knows what to do in any situation, and he's seen all there is to see. Look at any 18-year-old kid today and they look like children. I keep waiting to look and feel like a grown-up, but instead I'm cursed with these boyish good looks and a youthful voice--everyone thinks I'm 30 when they come into the shop and ask if my father is the one who started the business. At least my beard has gray hair in it, so when I don't shave I look my age...

A wonderful photo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Any guesses what make that roadster on the railroad causeway was?  Removing the left front fender must have been done to see how to steer without becoming hung-up.

Key West causeway - '20 roadster.jpg

My gut says '30 or '31 Buick.

Hey, that Packard touring car in the parade with wild hair Albert or perhaps Marty Feldman in the back seat - Mismatched tires ( thanks Ply 33 hadn't noticed that) it proves that mismatched tires on a car are PERIOD CORRECT!!! ( time to deduct 100 points for not having them)  car has New York plates so that means anything was possible by those "New Yawkers" , possibly some connection to the Dead End and/or East Side Kids if anyone remembers them - youse guys. Huntz Hall and Leo Gorcey where are ya when we need ya.

• Haha 1