Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 5/19/2020 at 10:46 AM, John_Mereness said:

Frl. H. Weiss in ihrem Parkard Roadster (Zweisitzer)

(Eingeschränkte Rechte für bestimmte redaktionelle Kunden in Deutschland. Limited rights for specific editorial clients in Germany.) Frl. H. Weiss in ihrem Parkard Roadster (Zweisitzer) im Berliner Tiergarten; i.H. der Reichstagerschienen Dame 3/1928Foto: Zander & Labisch (Photo by Zander & Labisch/ullstein bild via Getty Images)

Frl. H. Weiss in ihrem Parkard Roadster (Zweisitzer) : News Photo

On 5/19/2020 at 10:46 AM, John_Mereness said:

Frl. H. Weiss in ihrem Parkard Roadster (Zweisitzer)

(Eingeschränkte Rechte für bestimmte redaktionelle Kunden in Deutschland. Limited rights for specific editorial clients in Germany.) Frl. H. Weiss in ihrem Parkard Roadster (Zweisitzer) im Berliner Tiergarten; i.H. der Reichstagerschienen Dame 3/1928Foto: Zander & Labisch (Photo by Zander & Labisch/ullstein bild via Getty Images)

Frl. H. Weiss in ihrem Parkard Roadster (Zweisitzer) : News Photo

I am looking for a canvas top boot as in this photo for a Packard. 6 or 8 cylinder Packards from  1926,1927,1928, early 1929 would be the same. Any condition for my survivor Packard roadster. Thanks. Jim

• Like 1

Wow, this photo takes my memory back a long way.  When I was a kid in the '40s I played with a hand pulled wagon similar to the one in the photo,  it had wood spokes and rims.  It wouldn't stand up to much use and abuse.  Because of dryness and age it eventually began falling apart, as did grandma's old wooden tub, primitive washing machine.

0199LR.jpg.adbd1b4945151c5652b7e40cb68ebcc6[1].jpg

Image may contain: outdoorNice aftermarket body on a 1930 Ford commercial chassis. The cowl is the same as a Roadster but has a different top and no lower windshield station brackets. You can just see the cutout for the upper Roadster door hinge above the spare tire, A pillar back is all aftermarket body. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)

On 5/18/2020 at 12:43 PM, twin6 said:

Bentley.jpg

On 5/18/2020 at 4:09 PM, John_Mereness said:

AWESOME !!!

I am guessing someone was just walking down the street and said this should be interesting to watch (the car appears incidental to the group of people behind - I am almost wondering a pedestrian was hit in street) - and then the photo survived. 

The original posted photo caught my attention... I'm sure I had seen the car before - then I found the photo I was thinking of... It appears to be a Bentley 6½ Litre Speed model, chassis KR2699 delivered Nov. 1929 with Gurney Nutting coachwork - Olympia show car, 1st owner W.J. Hargrave Pawson after the show. The rest of the details would be fun to know (and probably are known within another source... just not to wit at the moment)... but it's clear it's not the same spot (given the tree near the door in the original posting's image is not in the "new" image)... indeed, something's going on behind the car in the quoted image, and the ladies in both shots look to be dressed differently, but that may be explained by the coat she's wearing in this new post's image...

Bentley_KR2699_6.5-Litre.jpg

• Like 2

The banner on the wall to the right reads, "Pierce-Arrow Pacific Sales Co." one of the Pierce-Arrow Sales Corporation operations.  The sale of the Pierce-Arrow Sales Corporation division of the company was a condition for the million dollar loan by the Buffalo banks after the 1934 bankruptcy to keep the company going.   Sales would be handled by private distributors thereafter, so wrote Marc Ralston in his book.  It didn't help sales.  Ed, Anything to add?

'29 Pierce-Arrow Pacific Sales Co. showroom.jpg

Is there some information about this car?  Is it an Auburn?  Mighty strange looking rear passenger compartment.  Looks like the car was side swiped by a lumber truck.

100721507_2492156734380524_6970625651032195072_n[1].jpg

9 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

1934 Pierce-Arrow, formal sedan style, 1240?

Yes, probably the 144" wheelbase.  It has the long front door but short rear door.  If both doors were short, it would be the 139" wb; if both were long, the 147" wb.  However, it could be the 147" wheelbase with a deeper secluded rear compartment.

44 minutes ago, LCK81403 said:

Is there some information about this car?  Is it an Auburn?  Mighty strange looking rear passenger compartment.  Looks like the car was side swiped by a lumber truck.

100721507_2492156734380524_6970625651032195072_n[1].jpg

Pierce Arrow - It apparently was bulletproof and obviously was hit in an accident of some sort (which I refrain from accident photos as most of the time the cars are pretty generic, but a lot of the time someone was seriously hurt).

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)