Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

AW GEEZ - hubcap centers /emblems align !!! , now you're going to give all the judges at car shows a way to look at the cars they are judging differently!  Can you imagine all the owners trying to get their emblems all aligned properly, floor jack sales will sky rocket!  After that , what else can become a new point to look for - I know all the valve stems have to align,  on early cars equipped with brass lights the wick for the side and tail lamps will need to be trimmed to match the same level......................😯

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

SO now we know ,  pop those caps, align those lids -  but wadda bout doze valve stems?  Now you will tell me you know a guy who goes by the name Valve Stem Vinny. Well the concours shows will take on a whole new meaning, and ambiance . Hey!  new specialty restoration shops will be created to provide capable guys and gals who will do all of that . 

11 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Well the internet is not filled with photos of 1932 Hupmobile Model I 226 Victorias, never seen one in real life. Those front fenders are nice, sure would remember seeing them. Bob 

Detail-Of-Hupmobile-226-Victoria-1932-No-Fussing.jpg

Bob,  maybe 10 years ago this exact car was about 10 rows away from you at Hershey,  unrestored and for sale.  I probably have some pictures somewhere.

13 hours ago, Doozer said:

Found on internet. This maybe a well known image, if so sorry.

C9E6D5AD-A3D9-43EB-9002-2D4918D383E7.jpeg

Long Wheelbase caused it to hang up at edge of trailer-

wooden boards in attempt to mitigate,

and now added manpower to attempt to lift?

To work well visually IMHO the car with the dual rear spares has to be a car  with a fairly imposing chassis. Smaller cars with shorter wheelbase just can't pull off the visual "look" or impact a larger car can. A smaller car with a single rear spare works well, but to add a pair of rear spare tires you need a big car.

If I recall correctly there was a "Little Rascals" - aka "Our Gang," movie that had some of the lads hitch a ride on a big car by sitting in the center of the twin rear mounted spare tires. I always thought that was so cool. Anyone remember that as well?

Thanks to all who are still part of "our gang" who are still looking for and contributing to this thread. the photos are truly amazing and just grand to look at. I really appreciate all of you making the effort.

• Like 3

Matt... still think prewar cars are hard to keep running? If a car can kick your ass, imagine what that giant chicken could do! 🤣

I can see it now.... after a day of touring in the chicken mobile with a bird suffering from excess output out the back end; Matt out in the shop would be yelling to Melanie in the kitchen for the barbecue sauce! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, alsancle said:

Bob,  maybe 10 years ago this exact car was about 10 rows away from you at Hershey,  unrestored and for sale.  I probably have some pictures somewhere.

The Victorias  are pretty cool (photo from 2001) - I have seen an original/mostly unrestored one in light mint green with all the bells and whistles, including Budd stainless spoke covers, metal sidemount covers, pilot ray, luggage rack, and...  plus what it really neat is they had an accessory chrome plated protector for the running boards that is maybe 1.75" tube - all in all a great ART DECO car.

Entry Catalog - 2001 Concours d'Elegance at Ault Park

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Matt... still think prewar cars are hard to keep running? If a car can kick your ass, imagine what that giant chicken could do! 🤣

I can see it now.... after a day of touring in the chicken mobile with a bird suffering from excess output out the back end; Matt out in the shop would be yelling to Melanie in the kitchen for the barbecue sauce! 

Actually, my approach is somewhat more direct when dealing with misbehaving transportation appliances:

tenor.gif?itemid=10018763

• Like 1

OK,so it's not period but it might keep you guessing ! My son and daughter-in-law' requested this photo as an afterthought.Turned out to be their favorite picture.

F1000048_sepia.jpg