1929 Graham Paige 621

The battery ends of the cables are different sizes.  The smaller end is negative.  Your wiring diagram will indicate polarity by showing the longer line on the battery is + and the shorter one is -.

Congratulations, and welcome to the crazy world of pre war automobiles

Its kind of a trick question...  the Graham is positive ground system... (+ to the frame)

The generator can be polarized positive or negative ground (you want yours to be positive).  If you look up "polarizing your generator" all the old tractor sites will show you how, it is quite easy.  If the generator has not run in a while it will need to be polarized to work.

You should have a cut out relay on the generator, you want to have it checked for correct operation also.

Is this your Graham-Paige?  I looked at this car last summer, only 621 I know of in the Midwest.

image.thumb.png.7aa665b949eada8de91a0ead1596d3ea.png

10 hours ago, edinmass said:

Ed,

I don't know what book you have but it looks like it has chassis numbers in it.  Over on the Graham Paige forum on this site I  was seeking information on a car that ran in the 1931 Mille Miglia.  I don't want to hijack this thread but if anyone can help with ideas I would be grateful:  1931 Graham Paige  Ed do you think your book would hold any clues?

Kelly