1937 Buick Century Shock Link Bushing

I just purchased this car and where at top of 8" rod that go from around leaf springs there is a knuckle that is 1" long with a hole diameter of 5/8" where male part from shock link goes through. I can't find the rubber bushing that goes in the knuckle. Help if you can thanks, Bob

IMG_20200302_121225392.jpg

Edited by robert white
forgot picture (see edit history)

I can't help you with that bushing but I can see a power lead going to your fuel pump that is connected using a twist on connector.

Get rid of that ASAP and get a nicely soldered and shrink wrapped connection up there.

How about a few more pictures of the car?

There are a lot of Buick fans here.

While there are a lot of similar shock links for other years available, with a quick glance online, I don't seem to find a source for 1937 Shock links. I would suggest you try calling Dave Tacheny. He is usually the best source for any 1936-1941 Buick Parts. You can best reach him at 763-427-3460 between 4 and 7 pm Central Time.

On 3/11/2020 at 7:23 PM, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Robert, one must buy the whole link. The rubber is molded in. Try Old Buick Parts or Bobs Automobilia.

Ben

Yes I did, but ended up buying form Hagan a reproduction and should work fine.

• Thanks 1

To also add to what zephyr points out, make sure the rubber hose that is directly over the wire nut connection, is gas approved hose. Methanol fuel will eat it and it will leak.