Coronavirus

nick8086

Our club, at this point, has not canceled any of our events.  We will continue to monitor the situation, listen to the advice of  those who are best able to advise us and make prudent decisions for AACA and  our members.  This is new territory for  everyone in the world community and there are no definitive answers that we have now.   

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Every few years, there seems to be a new disease

that crops up and catches everyone's attention.

It's in the news constantly and creates fear.

A couple of years later, everyone has forgotten

about it and gives it no regard.

May this latest outcropping follow the same path---

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Every few years, there seems to be a new disease

that crops up and catches everyone's attention.

It's in the news constantly and creates fear.

A couple of years later, everyone has forgotten

about it and gives it no regard.

May this latest outcropping follow the same path---

Legioneers disease

Y2K   melt down

SARS

MERS

measles out break

Pig virus

Wuhan flu

I just hope I don't get as sick as my IRA is right now...............Bob

• Thanks 2

On 3/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Wash your hands.

A mechanic washes his hands before he goes to the bathroom, as doctor washes them afterwards. 

"Go ask your Doctor’s opinion. I asked mine - here’s another from one who’s actually been there.

https://www.newsweek.com/young-unafraid-coronavirus-pandemic-good-you-now-stop-killing-people-opinion-1491797

But by all means — go ask your own.

Edited 1 hour ago by Ben P. (see edit history)"

Your doctor has good advice.  This is not a good time for large gatherings of people.  If you are 60+ and have underlying issues (diabetes, asthma, heart or lung disease, or if you smoke anything), you are at a higher risk. This is an *exponential*new*virus.  That means, in NJ for example, we have 23 confirmed cases right now. It is 23 times 50-70 people a day that a positive person might come into contact with. Multiply that answer by another 50-70 people and on and on.  Because it is exponential.  And because it is a new virus, there is no known cure yet.  Doctors are testing to see if it causes brain damage.  Doctors just don't know. And there aren't enough kits to test right now. So if you feel sick and go to your doctor's office, you probably can't get tested.  USA is way behind on this.

And if you're young, it doesn't mean you can't get the virus. It just means you probably won't die. But it doesn't mean you won't infect your parents or grandparents or a neighbor that could get infected and die.  I'm over 60 - No outing is worth it for me. 

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
Quote from Ben P. did n't work right - sorry! (see edit history)
  • Like 1

This topic changes by the minute.  I am still in the office at 10:30 PM dealing with issues related to this outbreak.  There are  a lot of opinions out there and we need to hear from sources that can give us the very best advice they can.  AACA exists to serve its members and the hobby and we will do this in a thoughtful and prudent way.  This is a very serious subject and I fear this thread is going to go down a rabbit hole.  So, the thread questioned what we are going to do and I have made our statement to this point.  Over the next few days the board will probably have more to say after further consultation with all those who are affected by our future plans.  I will post their response as appropriate but in the meantime  this thread will be locked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

AACA and its affiliates are monitoring issues related to coronavirus as well as abiding by CDC and other governmental agency  recommendations. Our members are our utmost concern, and we will make notifications as necessary should our events or operations be affected in any way.

AACA Board of Directors

• Thanks 2