29 Chandler

New Chandler-Cleveland Registry

About 10-15 years ago I took over the registry of owners of Chandler and Cleveland motor cars. I passed those duties off to other Chandler-Cleveland club members who maintained the list after me. I have not seen updates in awhile, so maybe it's time to give the Registry a fresh start.

My short-term goal is to collect information to put together a list of all of the surviving cars from the Chandler-Cleveland factory. Ideally this would identify the cars by:
  • Car serial number (VIN) and motor numbers where available
  • pictures
  • information about the options with the car
  • current state/condition
  • any history the present owner is willing to share

I am particularly sensitive about sharing publicly, contact information about the owners and where you live. In this day and age personal security of private information is a hot topic and one I will not compromise. At the same time it's really important that we keep in touch and share our information about our cars to help those that are trying to put their car back on the road or those who are just seeking information that is unique to our make of automobile.

John Lackey did a fine job compiling his book on our cars and giving all of us a reference source that we can all use. If you don’t have a copy make sure to get a copy and read it cover to cover like I have. Its required reading for any Chandler-Cleveland owner. Now it's time to keep the ball rolling. We need to keep track of the cars and see what we can learn collectively about what is left of the hundreds of thousands of cars the factory produced. Hopefully we can document 100 or maybe 200 cars.

With your support I would like to create a website dedicated to Chandler-Cleveland cars focused on the cars, memorabilia, and history of the company. There are other makes who have a website dedicated to their orphan cars as well. I plan to study them and see what I can model for our version. But that is in the future after we are able to get the Registry updated and going again.

So here it is my first “official” request that you share information about you and your car(s). I promise to accurately and securely document your car for the Registry. Respond  to this thread with details about your car(s). Pictures would be great and will help document what you have. I know from past experience how valuable pictures are to accurately document the details about a car and to validate what we believe to be correct whether that to be the year or model we have. I have attached a Registry form you may fill in and return and a reference sheet to help determine were your car’s serial number is and what it is. Please "private message" me to add your car information.

Thanks

Motor Car Registry.jpg

Chandler-Cleveland.jpg