Sign in to follow this  
Povertycove

11B light switches

Can an individual light switch on an 11B be removed without removing the entire 4-switch panel and choke assembly?

Yes,.... if you don't mind working upside down under the dash board.  And if the wiring is original, be extra careful working though  it not to break  old brittle rubber insulation inside the woven cotton covering wires and looms.

Paul 

Posted (edited)

Sorry Alex, it's been awhile since I rewired a Series 11. I just relooked at my 11 wiring pix.

The switches are screwed to a back plate behind the front face plate. See page 1701 of Series 11 parts book. You have to  unscrew the clips on the back to get the back plate loose from the dash. Then you can pull the switch cluster out from the dash, unscrew the switch handles, separate the face from the back plate to get at the switch screws. So in a sense yes, you have to remove the panel, but not completely from the car. You can pull out the choke handle, unscrew it's sleeve to separate the panels enough and leave the other switches attached to the back panel.

Paul  

Edited by PFitz (see edit history)

If it were easy,…. we could hire cave men to do the work.😁

Paul