Please help ID Fender Light

pcolleary

4 hours ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Looks similar to the cowl light on Dodge pickups of the '40s.

Ben

Way to small for a Dodge truck cowl light. Appears to be an aftermarket backup light. Are there any markings on the top of the bucket or the lens?

It may just be a cargo or bed light for a truck or trailer so chain tightening and other work can be done after dark. It also reminds me of low mounted driving lights on early full-dress Harleys,some also had about the same thing pointing back with red lenses.

2 hours ago, sagefinds said:

It may just be a cargo or bed light for a truck or trailer so chain tightening and other work can be done after dark. It also reminds me of low mounted driving lights on early full-dress Harleys,some also had about the same thing pointing back with red lenses.

Tell everyone it's for a Harley , it will be in high demand with triple value, lol

It actually does look similar to motorcycle dress up lights , but they are normally chrome or stainless like the one in the link I posted.

It's very much like a Guide light I have , which is listed as a backup light by the number on it.

Check the bulb , if it has one. A high candle power bulb would be backup , low power would be running light or park light.

• 3 weeks later...