John Westfall RIP

Pete Phillips

If you attended a BCA national meet in the 1990s or early 2000s, you probably knew John Westfall of Ohio. I just received information that he passed away yesterday at the age of 90. Nice guy--salt of the earth--he will be missed. He was very active in the club until recent years when his health did not allow it.

https://www.legacy.com/amp/obituaries/urbanacitizen/195519391

I first met John around the late 80s when he purchased a set of super deluxe wheel covers from me for his green 67 Riv. He repeatedly told me afterward how happy he was with the quality. After that every time we ran into each other at a national or regional he made a point to chat with me. At that time I would have been a youngster in my late 20s. Guessing I probably haven't seen him for 25 years. I've met a lot of Buick folks over the decades and forgot many but John made such a positive impression on me as being a man of genuine character and I never forgot him. I remember him as a very pleasant and positive individual. Even though I didn't talk to or see him for more than a few year stretch in the late 80s or 90s I always remembered him well and thought about him often. no question that he lives on through the many lives he touched.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1