Trailer Parking at Charlotte

Dynaflash8

6 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Where is trailer parking at Charlotte?  Last time I went it was down in a fenced-in hole.

Earl,

As the brochure says,

Special locations on the Speedway grounds at Charlotte AutoFair have been set aside for Antique Vehicle trailers, haul-ers, RVs and motor homes. All must be self contained. All the spaces are assigned and must be pre-registered. Credentials and maps will be issued to you for these special reserved locations. Full-time, secured trailer parking is provided Thursday night through Sunday morning at 10 AM. 

Let me add,

The closest exit from the trailer lots is an eighth of a mile from the show field. Trailer parking is not in a hole. Everyone who registers by the March 14 deadline will receive credentials, maps and directions by mail.

Edited by Phillip Cole
Addition (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Phillip Cole said:

Earl,

As the brochure says,

Special locations on the Speedway grounds at Charlotte AutoFair have been set aside for Antique Vehicle trailers, haul-ers, RVs and motor homes. All must be self contained. All the spaces are assigned and must be pre-registered. Credentials and maps will be issued to you for these special reserved locations. Full-time, secured trailer parking is provided Thursday night through Sunday morning at 10 AM. 

Let me add,

The closest exit from the trailer lots is an eighth of a mile from the show field. Trailer parking is not in a hole. Everyone who registers by the March 14 deadline will receive credentials, maps and directions by mail.

Phil:  I haven't taken a trailer to Charlotte since I thiink it was 2014 in the rain.  Trailer parking that year was in a fenced in muddy hole.  I am thankful you have a better parking area, and I hope good signs to get to it.  If I come I'll stay at the host hotel this time.  I had not planned to come, but I couldn't get my car ready in time for Miami, so we'll take the 91 Buick Park Avenue looking for a First Preservation.  I will read the Charlotte packet tonight.  Thank you for the response, Earl Beauchamp, Past President AACA 2004

3 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Earl, the host hotel sells out very early and the price jumped up this year as well. 

I'll check out the host hotel, hopefully, tonight.  I didn't like any other hotel that was close.  Just not sure I want to drag the trailer up there.  I couldn't get my 41 Buick out of the local shop in time to register it for Miami.  They piddled around for 3 months on a three week job....after taking three weeks vacation for Christmas/New Years.  Anyway, we are taking the 91 Park Avenue looking for a 1st Preservation.  I kind of hate to wait until next year on the '41 but it's a really long way to Auburn or Elizabeth, Indiana.  Beckly, WV is impossible after attending the Sentimental Tour, also in WV.  Might just have to wait until next year.  Finally found out exactly what my medical problem is today.  All my problems started with this one a year ago, but I was waylaid in persuing this one by open heart surgery and then a pacemaker.  I am almost a little scared of pulling the trailer so far with that bigh 41 Roadmaster in it.  Not sure I'm strong enough.

10 hours ago, Phillip Cole said:

Earl,

As the brochure says,

Let me add,

Okay Phil, I read the brochure and there was nothing to say where the trailers would be parked.  It said if I registered a map would be sent to me.  Also, it is $25 to park the tow vehicle and trailer.  I'm trying to figure out how I can get the tow vehicle loose to drive to the host hotel and back, and then hook it up again to get the car off the trailer on Saturday, and then unhook it to drive to the host hotel (unless we leave after the show and try to find a motel on the way to Florida -- late).  Sounds complicated to me.  I guess I could run the car Thursday night and Friday and back to the show on Saturday, but it wouldn't be in much shape to show after the dew and if the weather is bad any of those days, the car would surely be muddied up for the show.  Hmm, I've got the room for the three nights ($555.96) but I am thinking the show isn't doable for me.  I guess I'll decide that after my next doctor appointment on March 4.  I'll also look at Auburn, but my, that is a long, long trip from central Florida, and then Elizabeth, Indiana is only 200 miles less.  Hmmm, maybe like the losing baseball clubs say, "wait'll next year".  Earl

5 minutes ago, Phillip Cole said:

Earl,

No matter what you decide, my prayer is you get excellent news from your doctor on March 4!

Thanks, I hope that will be the last big hurdle this year.  2019 was really a hard year for me medically.  South-Central Florida is a horrible place to live if you want to participate in a lot of AACA activities.  We're thinking of buying a 2nd home for summers in Lake City, FL close to both I-75 and I-10.  That would help next year.  It also cuts off 200 miles to all the events up north.

Earl,

I have faith we can find someone to help you unhook/rehook your tow vehicle to your trailer when needed. I will be happy to help if I am there at the right times, if I am not, I have faith that among the many NC Region members and many Hornets Nest Region members there, we can find you the help you need. 

2 hours ago, MCHinson said:

Earl,

I have faith we can find someone to help you unhook/rehook your tow vehicle to your trailer when needed. I will be happy to help if I am there at the right times, if I am not, I have faith that among the many NC Region members and many Hornets Nest Region members there, we can find you the help you need. 

Thank you Matt.  Other than yourself, if I could find you at the right time, I suspect you have more faith in humankind than I do.  Of course, I basically don't have any.

Earl

18 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

Thank you Matt.  Other than yourself, if I could find you at the right time, I suspect you have more faith in humankind than I do.  Of course, I basically don't have any.

Earl

I agree with Matt. The guys from the NC Region manning the trailer parking would probably be happy to help you if no one else was around. Of course, you'd have to walk up to one of them and smile.... so there is that. Maybe you better just wait for Matt.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, West Peterson said:

I agree with Matt. The guys from the NC Region manning the trailer parking would probably be happy to help you if no one else was around. Of course, you'd have to walk up to one of them and smile.... so there is that. Maybe you better just wait for Matt.

I don't know how you meant that crack West, but I didn't take it kindly

13 hours ago, West Peterson said:

No malice intended, Earl. Hope to see you there. I've reserved a spot for my trailer, so if I'm there I'd be happy to help.

13 hours ago, West Peterson said:

No malice intended, Earl. Hope to see you there. I've reserved a spot for my trailer, so if I'm there I'd be happy to help.

You bringing your big 40 Packard..................That could probably knock out my 41 Buick Roadmaster in Class 19E anyway.  Nice car you have there.

12 hours ago, Dynaflash8 said:

You bringing your big 40 Packard..................That could probably knock out my 41 Buick Roadmaster in Class 19E anyway.  Nice car you have there.

I think I've changed my mind on bringing a car, Earl. March is a rough time of the year in the north to be trying to prepare a car for show. I would have been proud to show my '40 alongside your Roadie, though. Are you going for Junior or Senior?

12 hours ago, West Peterson said:

I think I've changed my mind on bringing a car, Earl. March is a rough time of the year in the north to be trying to prepare a car for show. I would have been proud to show my '40 alongside your Roadie, though. Are you going for Junior or Senior?

West the shop finished the Roadmaster 2 days after registration closed for Miami.  So we took the 91 Park Avenue and got a 1st Preservation.  The big straight 8 is up for a 1st Junior if it can win.  Guess it should go to Charlotte since I bought it there, but don't think I'll go.  Too much traffic, parking and trailer difficulties for an old man.  I think a little more about it.  Lots of medical difficulties in 2019 and not sure I have the stamina yet..  I always found Charlotte the most difficult of all the meets to navigate directions and traffic.  However, both Auburn and Elizabeth Indiana have some heavy mountains in GA and the last time to Louisville caused the Suburban to get pretty hot coming home just pulling a Buick Special in the trailer.  It didn't boil or steam though....only time it ever got hot.  Maybe I'm losing my nerve at 81 with open heart surgery and a pacemake.....hate to think it tho.