Anthony_Garcia

Rare Request for Owners of a 1957 T-Bird

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone! 
 

This post is something that is not part of the norm to ask but I’m hoping someone is willing and able to help me out with this! I currently reside in Florida and I am in search of an owner who has a 1957 Ford Thunderbird soft top in red in the same state. The reason I ask is something that is personal to me that I’m hoping to experience once in my life. You see, my father was a car fanatic growing up and had a passion for antique cars. I believe he was even a member of this organization in the 1970-1990’s! One of his dream cars was the 57’ T-Bird and he bought one as a project car in the early 90’s. By the time he started working on the car to fix it up for his own personal enjoyment, he was diagnosed with a heart condition called Cardiomyopathy and needed a transplant in order to survive...unfortunately he passed away in 1995 when I was 6 years old and I was never able to experience driving and working on building that car with my dad. That car has always held a special place in my heart for my dad and I always associate it with him growing up. 
 

At the end of March, this year (2020) will be 25 years he has passed away and I’m wanting to honor his memory by being able to experince driving one since I wasn’t able to when I was younger. My request is I’m hoping someone that lives in the state of Florida is willing to meet me in order to make that dream a reality and allow me to drive it to experience what it would have been like if he were still alive today. I have no issues compensating you with some money for your time and have no problem if you were with me in the passenger seat or whatever you felt most comfortable with. I’d like to make this happen, if at all possibly by the end of March or beginning of April but willing to wait, if needed. Any help is appreciated and I thank you for taking the opportunity to read this post! 
 

Warmest Regards,

 

Anthony G. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Benefits of AACA Membership.

Anthony,

 

I share the same affinity for 57 T Bird with my father. He ordered new one in 1957 and brought me home from the hospital in 1958. I inherited in when he passed four years ago. Fortunately I was able to enjoy it with him for most of my life. I live in Ohio so not near Florida but plenty of 57 T Birds there. In fact AACA is hosting a winter meet this weekend in Miami, Florida. You can look at the calendar on AACA’s home page and to get the location. The Show is  this Saturday 2/29 and I am sure there will be a few 57 T birds. They could be in either their judged class, Original Class(HPOF) of driver class (DPC)  You can maybe check with host to see what is registered. You could at least see some and maybe talk an owner into your dream. 

 

Tom

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't know if in your budget but there are  a few places throughout the country where you could rent this car.  Maybe make a long weekend to fly somewhere, rent the car for a weekend, and fly back home.  Good luck, and I hope you can make it work out.

Eric

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Anthony,

Let me suggest that you look at this website: https://www.ctci.org/4-southeast/ , which is the Classic Thunderbird Club International. There are a number of chapters of the club in Florida that you can contact to see if someone is willing to satisfy your desire. Good luck!

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird Colonial White

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tomcarnut said:

Anthony,

 

I share the same affinity for 57 T Bird with my father. He ordered new one in 1957 and brought me home from the hospital in 1958. I inherited in when he passed four years ago. Fortunately I was able to enjoy it with him for most of my life. I live in Ohio so not near Florida but plenty of 57 T Birds there. In fact AACA is hosting a winter meet this weekend in Miami, Florida. You can look at the calendar on AACA’s home page and to get the location. The Show is  this Saturday 2/29 and I am sure there will be a few 57 T birds. They could be in either their judged class, Original Class(HPOF) of driver class (DPC)  You can maybe check with host to see what is registered. You could at least see some and maybe talk an owner into your dream. 

 

Tom

Thank you Tom for sharing and yes, I’ll look into the calendar more for Florida events. I appreciate you reaching out! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, erichill said:

Don't know if in your budget but there are  a few places throughout the country where you could rent this car.  Maybe make a long weekend to fly somewhere, rent the car for a weekend, and fly back home.  Good luck, and I hope you can make it work out.

Eric

Thanks Eric, yeah started looking into the online rentals but haven’t found one so far near me yet. Thanks for the tip! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1957Birdman said:

Hi Anthony,

Let me suggest that you look at this website: https://www.ctci.org/4-southeast/ , which is the Classic Thunderbird Club International. There are a number of chapters of the club in Florida that you can contact to see if someone is willing to satisfy your desire. Good luck!

Lew Bachman

1957 Thunderbird Colonial White

Oh wow, thank you! I’ll reach out to the main contact and see what they can do! I appreciate your help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now