Question about old truck

courtney5555

Hi all. I hope this is ok to post here. First time posting and I thought I might find some answers here. I’m lost with all of this car stuff :). Long story short, i have acquired a 1946 International truck. It’s not in good shape and doesn’t run. Should I try to sell it? Is it even worth it? Or should I just donate it to some charity. I tried looking online and couldn’t find anything. I appreciate any input or advice. 
Thank you in advance

Looks like a mostly complete truck with at least one extra door.  If the front is as complete as what we see, there is a market For Sale.

The value shot of the truck is the front, which we can't see.   If the front is as complete as the side,, we can give you book values.  I'm not 

a truck expert or appraiser, but the Old Cars Price Guide says  $2300 as a #5 and $3900 as a #4.  #4 is, if it runs.  The estimated value

as a Parts truck it $700.

Have fun.

It looks like it was still 'in use' until maybe recently.  The glass appears to be good, and the cab corners don't look rusty. 

If you have the room for it, get it running, at least, and driveable.  Then maybe put it on the market.

Craig

If you donate it to a charity, it will most likely go to the scrap yard. (Unless they sell it to a friend, then they will get only $25 in a wink wink deal)

There is a small market for trucks like this, it's just that there is not much money for a complete restoration.

They always have a market. At the very least the cab on the bigger trucks ; 1 ton , 1 1/2 ton, is usually the same as a pick up cab.  I usually see them sell in the $750.00 - $1500.00 range . Very simple mechanics. Generally not hard to get running.

Greg in Canada

55 minutes ago, Roger Walling said:

(Unless they sell it to a friend, then they will get only $25 in a wink wink deal)

And the friend uses AAA towing to deliver it. 😀

I think, once, the donation was arranged and Triple A delivered from the donor to the "friend".