73 riviera NEED HELP!!!

Vvargas

Hello my father bought a 73 riviera and it’s has a chrome trim the begins at the windshield and travels along the side, follows the “V” in the rear to the bumper. Can someone please help us figure out what package/ edition this might be! We look online but haven’t found one like it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe Rivman knows something we don't, but I can't find it in the post he mentioned. In my opinion that trim was custom made. If you google '73 Riviera images you will not find it on any of the pics of hundreds of '73s. if so, whoever fabricated the trim knew what they were doing. Frankly, in my opinion, the car will look better w/out the trim pieces & the two tone paint. The body styling on the '73 is so distinct & well defined it doesn't need anything extra to enhance it. &BTW, if you are restoring this car I have a rear bumper in very good driver condition you may want. It can be had for a song (but shipping from Fla may be a little pricey).Anyhoo, good luck w your project!    Drew

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, RIVNIK said:

Maybe Rivman knows something we don't, but I can't find it in the post he mentioned. In my opinion that trim was custom made. If you google '73 Riviera images you will not find it on any of the pics of hundreds of '73s. if so, whoever fabricated the trim knew what they were doing. Frankly, in my opinion, the car will look better w/out the trim pieces & the two tone paint. The body styling on the '73 is so distinct & well defined it doesn't need anything extra to enhance it. &BTW, if you are restoring this car I have a rear bumper in very good driver condition you may want. It can be had for a song (but shipping from Fla may be a little pricey).Anyhoo, good luck w your project!    Drew

Here is the post. He isn't called Rivman for nuthin! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, RIVNIK said:

thanks Rivman,     As can be seen in the pics, those look like two different products. Verrrry interesting!

Yea I didn't notice how much different the one Vvargas posted above is. Wraps clear up to front of doors. :wacko: Agree likely just a custom job done in the 70s

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

On 2/24/2020 at 9:25 AM, RIVNIK said:

I agree, the trim in the pictures posted appears to be something that was custom made. I was just pointing out that it was not a factory or dealer package or edition, as was asked. I just referenced the other post to let the OP know what was available at the time.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:58 PM, JZRIV said:

Yea I didn't notice how much different the one Vvargas posted above is. Wraps clear up to front of doors. :wacko: Agree likely just a custom job done in the 70s

I did notice the difference; it is a completely different trim pattern than anything I had even seen pictures of before. Everything I have seen was an addition of vinyl to “extend” the vinyl top treatment, but this one looks like they just added trim and a second paint color, for whatever reason.

Thanks to the Riviera Registry, no longer in existence, the below are pictures of some samples of “different types” of vinyl top treatments that had been installed on some Boattails over the years. I had never even seen any kind of treatment on a ’73 before the one pictured above.

1955160210_Barris-BoattailCustomVinylTreatment-MISC(2).thumb.jpg.11b04865e2d104825bb8036b32e963d3.jpg

• Thanks 1