Ethanol free gas

Midwest Tony

2 hours ago, paul2748 said:

I've used 10 % for many, many years.  No problems at all.

But did you let it stay for months in the gas tank? That is where it becomes troublesome as it picks up water and goes rancid. It is also more corrosive than real gasoline.Or get a car that doesn't need gas! 

Post-card-gass.jpg

QT sells ethanol free gasoline in my area, but it is only 87 octane.  I use their 93 octane premium and add to it "Carb Defender" by Driven Racing Oil to protect against the corrosive properties of ethanol.  In addition,  I use "NO-Rosion Fuel System Octane Booster" to increase the octane and protect  the non-hardened valve seats in my '56 Thunderbird.  It is a great substitute for the lead that was once in gas.   I have been using both products for several years with no problems.

DSCN2336 (2).JPG

• Thanks 1

On 2/22/2020 at 10:50 PM, JFranklin said:

But did you let it stay for months in the gas tank? That is where it becomes troublesome as it picks up water and goes rancid. It is also more corrosive than real gasoline.Or get a car that doesn't need gas! 

Yes - let it sit from November to April, no problems.  Didn't use any crap like Sta-bil either.  Only thing I do is start it up once  a month and run it up to operating temp.

Edited by paul2748 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, paul2748 said:

Yes - let it sit from November to April, no problems.  Didn't use any crap like Sta-bil either.  Only thing I do is start it up once  a month and run it up to operating temp.

Yes some get lucky and locations vary in humidity and other factors.