37 Terraplane

PA system voice at Hershey Fall Meet

I have been going to the Hershey fall meet every year since 1992, and one of the things that I love is that it is always the same voice over the PA system.

Does anyone know who it is (an AACA person or a Hersheypark employee)?

I shall be sad when he retires (end of an era), but as I have been going for nearly a full working lifetime, I guess that day can't be all that far off...

• Like 1

We've been going since 1968 and my wife and I always wait for when that voice wants a car moved and calls it a "vee-hickle". Love it! I'm a NY Yankee fan and it reminds me of long time Yankee Stadium announcer Bob Shepard. It's funny how you can relate a voice to an event.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Attention flea market vendors and visitors.......

• Like 1

"...this car must be moved immediately or it WILL be towed!" 

But my favorite sound on the PA system is when the National Anthem gets played.

Terry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You know you are at Hershey when you hear  " there will be  No Vehicular traffic in the Flea market".  In fact I noticed this last year I didn't hear that very much. It was nice to hear though seems many didn't pay much attention to it. 

• Like 1

I am SO glad I'm not the only one who sees this mystery voice as an integral part of Hershey!

As others have said, what I remember, (and what all the English - for such I am - friends who have come with me over the years remember) is 'There is a 1969 Chevrolet truck parked in vendor space XX00. If this vee-hicle is not moved IMMEDIATELY it WILL be towed'. To British ears the pronunciation 'vee-hicle' is very singular.

Also 'This year's Fall Meet commemorative painting is by the artist Ken Eberts and is available at the AACA vendor tent in the Chocolate Field'...

But who is it? And if he has been doing the PA system messages since 1968, how old is he??

Edited by 37 Terraplane (see edit history)

NOT an empty threat, I have seen illegally parked vee-hicles in the swap meet area towed away promptly. You can't just park anywhere you want.

• Haha 1

I keep asking the Hershey Region to send me a little story on "the voice" for Antique Automobile. They've told me who it is, but I can't remember the name. If I remember correctly, though, the current voice is the son of the person who had been doing it for many years.

Sir, you  may know someone in Hershey who can handle this.  If you can remember the name, phone number or email just ask him.  I am sure he can get this "unobtainium" it for you! 🙂