1937 Zephyr coupe

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

I doubt anyone ponying up more than 60 G as it's already at 55 with reserve not meant is going to gut it and go the LS route.  Beautiful car.  I'm sure it will go to a good home. 

I hope that you're right, A S, but some of those guys are incredibly wealthy. Money made from building and selling highly modified gems like this one to others who are more wealthy still, I suppose. I'm serious -- there really is an elite, high-end class out there who compete with each other to build these highly desirable cars.

It’s at 66k and climbing.  Wait to the last few seconds and it will go through the roof.  I love it as I’ve got a original 1938 three window Zephyr.  Due to ill health most likely not be able to finish it but passing it on might bring in a few pennies.

1 minute ago, CHuDWah said:

Just replying to Malo48's post - so were you planning on buying it?  :rolleyes:

I was joking that a small, easily changed detail that actually makes the car more useful was enough to make me not want it--a situation that presents itself on a daily basis in my showroom. 

"Sorry, that car has blue caps on the valve stems, not black ones. I can't buy it."

Meh.

• Like 1