oil lines for '35 chrysler six

I am guessing that if you have one of these engines you already know that it is a two year only engine and finding parts for it is big trouble.

Mine is torn down at the machine shop and they are having a devil of a time finding the right rod and main bearings - if anyone has any thoughts on places to look for these bearings I would love to hear from you

it also has two copper oil lines - one from the pick up to the block (suction to pump) and the other from the block to the middle main bearing cap (pressure from pump).  one of them has a very tight bend it it.  Mine have seen better days and I would like to replace them - any experience with finding someone who can make pretty tight bends in copper with out kinking it ? 

Thanks

Blue Collar Bill

wjstanley@cox.net

Chrysler oil lines 1.jpg

chrysler oil lines 2.jpg

The bearings are like Hens Teeth.  You are going to have to scrounge every NOS parts guy you can find and buy whatever they have,  hopefully eventually coming up with a set.  Alternately you could have the shells rebabbitted.  Might be your only option.  When I was rebuilding my 36 Chrysler 6 10 years ago,  I only found a few bearings. Fortunately my mains were very good and within spec so I didn't replace them.  

Good luck.  You might also track down the part numbers for them and do google and ebay searches occassionally for the number.  You might get lucky there are more unidentified parts out there (especially bearings and engine parts )  Than one can imagine.  They are tough selling parts and ,most aren't special so few take the time to figure out what that big box of bearings fits they got with a bunch "better" more sellable parts. 

8 hours ago, bluecollarbill said:

it also has two copper oil lines - one from the pick up to the block (suction to pump) and the other from the block to the middle main bearing cap (pressure from pump).  one of them has a very tight bend it it.  Mine have seen better days and I would like to replace them - any experience with finding someone who can make pretty tight bends in copper with out kinking it ? 

Fill the new tubing with very fine sand and then bend it.