31 Dodge Coupe for sale Ontario Canada

9 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

What's not to like? OK, so it has the wrong bumpers. Those originals are very tough to find. Yeah, the engine could go away for the original to be reinstalled.

I like it,

Even with the Stovebolt. Looks like it's well  put together for a decent driver.

9 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

What's not to like? OK, so it has the wrong bumpers. Those originals are very tough to find. Yeah, the engine could go away for the original to be reinstalled.

I like it too, on the outside. Lots more changed than just the engine . Entire dash, steering wheel, 700 R4 trans, S 10 rear end. Flaming River steering box. And who knows what else. Well beyond what I call sensible mods for a regularly used car. The disks can stay , and no harm in a dual circuit master , but Corvette booster ?

Really a very stock appearing Resto - Rod.  Nice enough if that's your thing.

Greg in Canada

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Ed Luddy said:

I like it,

Even with the Stovebolt. Looks like it's well  put together for a decent driver.

Well done indeed ! Not your typical...................!  Thanks for posting, Ed. No bashing due as far as I am concerned. Yeah, I like it. A LOT !! As per recent sensitivity expressed regarding forum purity, I have a proposition : As a member in good standing of AACA, I hereby submit a motion that Ed Luddy be granted immunity from any and all repercussions derived from his worthy, (though modified), contribution. Second, please ?    -    Carl 

• Like 1

I actually sort of know that car and have some other pictures kicking around of it.  I ended up getting most of the original left over parts (not the motor and I can't recall now what the story was on that) from him including some hard to find bits for my 30 DD - including the rumble seat springs.  Owner is a very nice fellow and car is well done.  

2 hours ago, C Carl said:

Well done indeed ! Not your typical...................!  Thanks for posting, Ed. No bashing due as far as I am concerned. Yeah, I like it. A LOT !! As per recent sensitivity expressed regarding forum purity, I have a proposition : As a member in good standing of AACA, I hereby submit a motion that Ed Luddy be granted immunity from any and all repercussions derived from his worthy, (though modified), contribution. Second, please ?    -    Carl 

Thanks!

You are more than welcome, Ed. No one deserves a beating for this "heads-up."It is wonderful to see so much well chosen work go into something that even an older guy and his lady can enjoy into their more frail years. I am terrified to think of the not too distant day when I can not shift the gears and muscle my old beaters around anymore. Great to see that George preserved the original appearance. The only thing this car should have is A/C. Route 66, or the Lincoln highway, U.S. 50 across the middle, or U.S. 2 across the top of the country in the summer ? What is the equivalent old Canadian scenic trans-continental highway ? And speaking of Canada, the price is in Canadian dollars, right ? What is that in US$ ?   -   CC 

35 minutes ago, C Carl said:

What is the equivalent old Canadian scenic trans-continental highway ? And speaking of Canada, the price is in Canadian dollars, right ? What is that in US$ ?   -  

We keep our trans-continental highway name really simple - Trans Canada Highway, as it travels from province to province the highway number changes but the name stays.   Keep in mind if you stick to the Trans Canada you miss all of southern Ontario and the Great Lakes area as it travels across northern Ontario.   Price in USD is roughly 18k

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, C Carl said:

I second that !!!

Caveat = next time keep it Mopar with a hemi.

EVERYBODY knows an SBC only goes in a Ford

AND a Ford 9" only goes in back of a Chevy.

Funny how the world works.........

Mike in colorado

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, C Carl said:

I have a proposition : As a member in good standing of AACA, I hereby submit a motion that Ed Luddy be granted immunity from any and all repercussions derived from his worthy, (though modified), contribution. Second, please ?    -    Carl 

1 hour ago, FLYER15015 said:

I second that !!!

Mike in colorado

A second having been posted, and with a large majority of responses liking this modified antique automobile, the motion carries. 

Congratulations, Ed !   🙂😉.         -   Carl 

I may mellow with age, but up to present  ; 46 year's of driving I have almost never bought an automatic out of choice. And the two that I did , 1969 GS 400 and 1969 Cyclone CJ had 4 speed conversion parts arriving within a week of purchase . They were hard enough to find as it was, if I had of held out for 4 speed versions chances are I would have never found one, especially in the pre internet day's when I bought them.   A few auto's slipped in when I was a young student. Hand me down's from family members at vehicle replacement time.

Of all the changes made to this Dodge only the 700 R4 really rubs me the wrong way. Perhaps my tune will change once I hit the big 70 .

Greg in Canada

Hi neighbor Greg !

Not necessarily a direct function of official old age. I see current weather conditions in Langley mirror the relief we are getting down South across the line from you. I want to take advantage of this and drive my '24 Cad for the first time this Winter. Questionable. As a result of my mountain snowmobiling accident early in 2012, I am handicapped. Today, the pain level requires medication. I finally took it,(non-opioid, non-antiinflammatory, wont/can't take those), and have had to go back to bed waiting for some relief. There will become a time soon, when I will have to take to bed more often, and for longer periods of time. I will have to adjust to looking at pictures to get my kicks. Now if I had THIS rde, the kicks could actually be on Route 66 ! I can picture getting up when I am able, opening up the motel door, and, with an arm around my lady, smiling at something that still looks period perfect, but within my capabilities to drive. Probably for short periods, and perhaps after needing to extend the stay at the motel for another day or few, but eventually continuing on our way. Plus, the little old lady sharing the wonderful times still within our capabilities, could manage the left seat also.

Hey, man : I love my manual cogs, too. A bit of a snob, I kinda lean towards crashboxes. But there are places where automatics reign. Off-road 4-WD is one. Whether negotiating a rock garden in low/low with the hand throttle cracked, aired down in the sand, fording a river upstream in reverse, etc, etc, etc, you can't beat a slushbox. "Doing it in the dirt", the only function a manual wins over the auto' IMHO, is doing a compression start. 

I feel better now. I think I'll try to roll out again. Hoping you reach 95 in robust health, and with PROFOUND ADMIRATION AND RESPECT to the many who suffer greater pain and limitations than I do,      Your forum friend,    -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 2

Hi Carl, I understand not all of us have the same level of health and previous { or future } injury's are a potential game changer for many aspects of motor vehicle use. I have a example of that with my wife. In days gone by she owned a Toyota SR5 and was very happy with it, then took over one of my MGA's for close to a year, enjoying every minute behind the wheel. These days she is living with substantial arthritis pain in her  knee and will only drive my 5 speed car as a last resort. 

And I doubt she could even get into a MGA anymore without significant pain. I am so far very lucky. Hopefully I have inherited my late fathers genes. He was still involved with competitive sports right up to his last couple of months at age 84. But I know it is just a matter of blind luck.

Life does not deal all of a good hand. We need to adapt as circumstances dictate. Enjoy the drive in your 24 !!

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

Take a look to see what's for sale again - guess the new buyer either figures he knows more than the previous owner or suddenly needs to get out of the car.  He is even using a picture taken in the previous owner's garage.  I can't believe what he's already done to the car with the wheels and tires.   

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/windsor-area-on/1931-dodge-brothers-3-window-coupe/1502866856

$_59.PNG

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 8:58 PM, 3macboys said:

Take a look to see what's for sale again - guess the new buyer either figures he knows more than the previous owner or suddenly needs to get out of the car.  He is even using a picture taken in the previous owner's garage.  I can't believe what he's already done to the car with the wheels and tires.   

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/windsor-area-on/1931-dodge-brothers-3-window-coupe/1502866856

That's why I refuse to buy a vintage Rolls Royce...they don't make any Cragars that will fit it.

• Haha 2

I know some guys on here love cragars but nothing says cheap attempt to make a hot rod than a Cragar.  To me they look like the white wagon wheel you could buy in the 70's for vans and trucks that were all rusted in a year or two.  I've put customs wheels on only a couple of older cars I had.  Both already had an aftermarket wheel I hated and were chrome with rust all over them.  I changed them to a hot rod wheel I could live with that had a period look appropriate for the car.  

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 9:58 PM, 3macboys said:

$_59.PNG

tenor.gif?itemid=4754635

• Like 2

Yup, and he's going to look silly, limping home on a spare wire wheel when he has his first flat tire.

I hope it happens a long way from home, so lots of people get to see it.

Mike in Colorado