"R" Emblem for Door Panel

kdml

No reproductions that I know of. Used only. Some of the members here may be able to help you out that deal in used parts. David Jackson in Detroit has been a good source for me; he can be found on Facebook.

4 hours ago, kdml said:

Does anyone reproduce the R emblem that mounts on the door panel for a '65 with standard interior.  When I bought my car they were missing.  I can't seem to find them on any vendors websites.

Thanks

Doug

1965_buick_riviera_15570149066e7dff9f98764daECP_5119.jpg

Doug, Gene has them call at 610-359-8901.

Turbinator

21 hours ago, RivNut said:

Look at those classifieds in the Riview.  These things do not show up using a Google search.  When restoring a Riviera, DO NOT assume that anything is reproduced (unless it's advertised in the Riview.)

Ed, your response implies that all parts advertised in the Riview are reproductions. We both know there are used and reproduction parts advertised in the Riview. Some folks use the innocuous acronym NOS to describe a part. The NOS part could be slightly used, but look great and in outstanding condition. Once I heard an NOS item described as being in the original box it was delivered. Even better,  one professional parts supplier said NOS is second quality or a customer return. I’m having a little fun here with this parts describing topic. 
I will say with say certainty “ Caveats Emptor”. With a little self deprecating humor “ A fool and his money will soon part” and some days I’ve lead the league in this fool category.

Turbinator

1 hour ago, Turbinator said:

Ed, your response implies that all parts advertised in the Riview are reproductions. We both know there are used and reproduction parts advertised in the Riview. Some folks use the innocuous acronym NOS to describe a part. The NOS part could be slightly used, but look great and in outstanding condition. Once I heard an NOS item described as being in the original box it was delivered. Even better,  one professional parts supplier said NOS is second quality or a customer return. I’m having a little fun here with this parts describing topic. 
I will say with say certainty “ Caveats Emptor”. With a little self deprecating humor “ A fool and his money will soon part” and some days I’ve lead the league in this fool category.

Turbinator

NOS can certainly be hit or miss.  As you say, customer returns can end up back on the shelf with the hopes that the next buyer won't be as particular.

11 hours ago, Turbinator said:

Turbinator

You are correct. That is not very clear.  Guess I should have said that almost anything being reproduced can be found in the Riview.  Don't be swayed by OPGI claims either. One thing to remember is that many things are NOT Riviera specific.  Brakes, engines, chassis, suspension parts are most likely shared with other Buick models.  Aesthetics are the big differences.

19 hours ago, Pat Curran said:

NOS can certainly be hit or miss.  As you say, customer returns can end up back on the shelf with the hopes that the next buyer won't be as particular.

Pat in my working life I spent a lot of time creating and answering requests for "minimum specific specifications." The words reconditioned, refurbished, rebuilt, remanufactured gave me a fit trying to determine what those words meant. I'm no wordsmith; however, I got plenty practice trying to find the right word or phrase. In the used parts arena I send pictures of the goods so the customer can see what they are getting. 

So far, most of the customers are very good folks to sell goods. The couple of rough customers want to make you tell them off and tell them to go elsewhere. I just suck it up and move forward.

Turbinator

• Like 1