Sign in to follow this  
3macboys

Thanks to Matt Harwood - How many cars can you identify

After reading Matt's post on the seat belt thread I went looking to see if I could find more information on the CNE car crash which led me to this web page which just happened to include the same picture that Matt posted.  Lost of good crisp images.  I can confirm that Mr Beep has been restored and is a local car to here.  Enjoy the pictures and cars

https://torontoguardian.com/2016/02/vintage-automobile-photographs-from-toronto/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Beep was the subject of a Guild TV show.

• Like 1

Great find, but my wife gets credit for spotting the CNE in that photo. She's pretty good at that sort of thing. Some pretty impressive cars lurking around Canada, eh?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, padgett said:

Mr. Beep was the subject of a Guild TV show.

It is a bit of a story but my father happened to see an article in Hemmings several years ago asking if anyone knew where that car was - just happened that it was owned by a family friend and has been in storage for 30 plus years.  Around 30 plus years ago we had gotten a windshield for it out of the old Minakers wrecking yard in Picton, Ont.  If I recall correctly the windshield had to be replaced after the owner's son put a hockey puck through it - Only in Canada!

Long story short the Hemmings article went to the owner and the car finally got restored.

Edited by 3macboys (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Great find, but my wife gets credit for spotting the CNE in that photo. She's pretty good at that sort of thing. Some pretty impressive cars lurking around Canada, eh?

I'm impressed that she recognized the CNE grounds - I have to admit that I didn't, though we didn't go that often as kids.   As for the cars - absolutely, but as I'm sure you well know, it's about the connections to knowing who has them.