pkhammer

Museum Parts Collection mostly pre-war goodies

We have recently purchased a large collection of antique auto parts from a now defunct auto museum. My intention is to save these parts and make them available to the collectors and restorers that need them. A small list of what we have so far:

-Dozens of wood spoke wheels from the teens and twenties

-Dozens of grille shells and grille parts fro the teens thru the forties

-Trunks, heaters, radios, driving lights and other accessories

-Dozens of carburetors, many NOS

-Water pumps, starters, generators, magnetos, many NOS

-Dozens of fender skirts, many NOS

-Dozen, maybe hundreds of boxes to go thru.

I will post some photos as I go thru the hoard over the next weeks and months. I can deliver sold parts to Spring Carlisle and Hershey. Shipping of smaller items is not an issue, larger items might be a challenge. Any help identifying items in the photos will be much appreciated. Please be patient, it will take me a while to go through this stuff.

102_2750.JPG

102_2751.JPG

102_2752.JPG

102_2753.JPG

102_2754.JPG

102_2755.JPG

102_2756.JPG

102_2757.JPG

102_2758.JPG

102_2759.JPG

102_2760.JPG

• Like 3

Oh, MAN, would I ever love to peruse that stuff close up. Too far away, though.

• Like 2

Planes fly from Oregon to Virginia every day. LOL. Seriously, trimacar is not far from me and is coming over as soon as I get everything out of my trailers. I am in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia and if there are any AACA members that would like to come take a look, I am usually available on weekends. I will be posting photos and lists right here as I get items out, cleaned up and identified. I am pkhammer on ebay and some of the smaller, easier to ship items are already being listed there.

• Like 2

Nice stuff!  The way you described things on the Main Forum I thought it was all Model A Ford stuff. Looks like Hershey 1975. Bob 

• Like 4

Not much model A in this group of stuff although I have historically kind of specialized in pre-war Ford. Our Hershey spaces will be busy this year I hope!

pkhammer is a good friend of mine, and you can trust your dealings with him.

I'm trying to get to his place before all the goodies are gone!!  

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, trimacar said:

pkhammer is a good friend of mine, and you can trust your dealings with him.

I'm trying to get to his place before all the goodies are gone!!  

I expect an email if you see any Rickenbacker goodies.  😀

• Like 1

If there are 1911 Hupmobile headlight forks in the collection send me a PM.😀 Bob 

• Like 1

If you run across anything for a Cole, send me a note.   

• Like 1

I'm guessing this must be from the old Roaring 20's museum.  Anyway, will be watching as you dig thru.  Always interested in early unusual spark plugs of course.

Terry

• Like 1

Terry, you are correct. There were several buildings on the museum property were full of parts. We found a partial log of the parts inventory dated 1973.

I may be interested in all of your carburetors.   Please contact me direct.   Rand Broadstreet   email:  broadstreetltd@msn.com   phone: 440-786-8141

What a great pile of parts, I hope you’re close enough to the Tidewater flea in a few weeks and bring some stuff to dig through!

• Like 2

On the first post, 9th photo down, the rimless headlight with the wing on the top, in the lower left corner of the purple plastic bin is a 34 PE Plymouth.  GREAT stash of stuff!!  Hopes this identification helps find good homes for all of this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

What a great pile of parts, I hope you’re close enough to the Tidewater flea in a few weeks and bring some stuff to dig through!

I'm about four hours from the coast. I believe that is a one day affair that only runs 8:00am-2:00pm? It's hard to justify loading a truck/trailer and make an 8 hour round trip for such a short swap meet. Typically I just do Spring Carlisle and Hershey. 

1 hour ago, Scott Bonesteel said:

On the first post, 9th photo down, the rimless headlight with the wing on the top, in the lower left corner of the purple plastic bin is a 34 PE Plymouth.  GREAT stash of stuff!!  Hopes this identification helps find good homes for all of this.

Thanks Scott! Some help identifying some of these parts is what I was hoping for. Thank you!

6 minutes ago, old car fan said:

I would be interested in the carburetors as well

Sent you a PM

1947-1948 Kaiser upper grille in above pic on top of the tune up kits box,  most of the fender skirts laying flat on the horizontal shelves are postwar. 

Edited by The 55er (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1931 Dodge Brothers DH6 radiator shell and grille....I am looking for a price, please.

102_2766.JPG.215307b646fb0f696f44dde6b00c14b6 (2).JPG

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)