carbwinfield

Winfield Carb. for Sale, best offer.

I have a couple early Cadillac V-8 projects 1915-19 which take an updraft carb hanging from an upside-down U manifold of course. But years ago I picked up a manifold that someone made that went straight across with a Stromberg 97 sitting in the middle of it but this assembly you have would be fun to try to adapt. I guess I'll have to do some thinking,counting of the scheckles and so forth. Do you have a ballpark price in mind?

• Like 1

Windfields are popular with the vintage racing crowd. I know there a quite a few series, small to large. The setup shown above looks like a setup we have sitting on the shelf at the shop, and it was identified as a Ford application. I have no idea if this info was correct or not, as we have had several opinions. Windfield prices tend to be all over the map, with the larger units demanding more money. That said, I have several friends with shelves full of them. Can anyone verify the application of the unit pictured?

1 hour ago, sagefinds said:

I have a couple early Cadillac V-8 projects 1915-19 which take an updraft carb hanging from an upside-down U manifold of course. But years ago I picked up a manifold that someone made that went straight across with a Stromberg 97 sitting in the middle of it but this assembly you have would be fun to try to adapt. I guess I'll have to do some thinking,counting of the scheckles and so forth. Do you have a ballpark price in mind?

Early Cadillac V-8 engines were governed down by restricting the carburation to prevent the engine from tearing itself apart. Caution is advised when hot rodding one of them.

I will pay $500 plus shipping. I’m available by phone or email. Thanks George Albright,    Ocala Florida. AACA member. Cell 352 843 1624. Email. Gnalbright@gmail.com

12 hours ago, edinmass said:

Early Cadillac V-8 engines were governed down by restricting the carburation to prevent the engine from tearing itself apart. Caution is advised when hot rodding one of them.

It's kind of hard keeping those engines from tearing themselves apart just going 45MPH with those 5to1 rear axle gear ratios. Of course,they would go up the side of Devils Tower at the same speed but that's not on the agenda. There is a 4.06 ratio listed in the parts book,I would sure like to find one.