THE NICEST 1977 CUTLASS ON EARTH IS FORSALE

1977 OLDS CUTLASS 16,760 MILES ON THIS CAR. GARAGED FOR 10 YEARS THIS CAR IS A SHOW STOPER. STILL SMELLS NEW. $15,000.OO. OR TRADE FOR

S10 EXTEME

NEW BEETLE

??????????

I'm thinking the OCA Buy/Sell forum would be a better place to place this ad. But, it wouldn?t improve your chances of selling it for your asking price of $15,000.

The ad doesn't say this is a 442, so did Elvis sweat on it or something? A fully loaded ?77 Cutlass coupe in mint condition is $5,000 all day long (and that's on a VERY GOOD day). Demand drives value, not condition. This is a perfect example.

"I have the best '77 Cutlass on the planet". So what? This was a nothing special car when it was new in 1977. What makes you think things have changed since then? Demand for this car is shallow at best.

Don't mean to be harsh, but you're really wishing on a star if you think you'll find someone willing to pay such a ridiculously high price for this car - particularly here amongst Oldsmobile folks who have a high knowledge level of these cars.

Perhaps you should try advertising in Ripley?s Believe It Or Not?

Well that was rather harsh, kinda hard to believe you didn't MEAN to be. I can say that I saw a near mint 1977 442 with a 260 and 5-spd, a pretty rare and more collectible (if not particulcarly fast) car sell at the Atlantic City, NJ car auction last year for only $6700.

Maybe Elvis DID sweat on it...or maybe there's something else we're missing here. Is all the chrome replaced with gold plate? Are the engine parts coated with Diamond? Why are you asking $15,000 for this car?? Be honest, because I don't think you were with your last post "I OWN THIS CAR AND IT WON'T LAST LONG"

I don't believe that.